Velocity Reviews

-   -   MS outlook problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t179876-ms-outlook-problem.html)

vernon simkins 09-10-2003 09:42 PM

MS outlook problem

im having a problem with MS outlook. every time i open the program, it
resets all my incoming mail server's addys to "local host ", and it adds the
correct incoming addy to my username(s). i have multiple accounts, and
multiple identities.

i would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what is going on and how to stop
it.

thanks ahead of time.

°Mike° 09-10-2003 10:12 PM

Re: MS outlook problem

Do you have Norton Antivirus 2000/2001 installed?

Email settings are changed when Norton AntiVirus email
protection is enabled

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:42:46 -0400, in
<qVM7b.3323$fC5.876716@news20.bellglobal.com>
vernon simkins scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

slumpy 09-10-2003 10:13 PM

Re: MS outlook problem

threw back my head and roared with laughter as vernon simkins continued:

> im having a problem with MS outlook. every time i open the program, it
> resets all my incoming mail server's addys to "local host ", and it
> adds the correct incoming addy to my username(s). i have multiple
> accounts, and multiple identities.
>
> i would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what is going on and how
> to stop it.
>
> thanks ahead of time.

Which antivirus software do you use ?

Check their website.
--
slumpy
no more

vernon simkins 09-10-2003 11:06 PM

Re: MS outlook problem

i use Microtrend PC-Illen 2002 for an antivirus (came bundled with my
Motherboard's driver disk.)

news:qVM7b.3323$fC5.876716@news20.bellglobal.com.. .

°Mike° 09-11-2003 06:59 PM

Re: MS outlook problem

PC-cillin 2002 changes the POP3 server to "localhost".
http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/s...lutionID=15047

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:06:56 -0400, in
<i8O7b.5758$k81.448916@news20.bellglobal.com>
vernon simkins scrawled: