Velocity Reviews

-   -   Outlook Express POP3 setting disapears (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t179560-outlook-express-pop3-setting-disapears.html)

Andy Wilson 09-07-2003 09:48 AM

Outlook Express POP3 setting disapears

Help,

Each time that I re-boot Outlook Express loses the POP3 setting and
substitutes loca network.

Is this a known problem?

How do I fix it?

I have already tried re-installing I.E. and Outlook Express.

Andy

Gerard de Gooier 09-07-2003 10:23 AM

Re: Outlook Express POP3 setting disapears

Yes Andy,
I'm familiar with that problem.
At least on a W98SE operating system in a network of 4 computers.
As long as the workingstations are "on" then there's no problem but once I
start with a total reset then the complete POP & SMTP addresses are gone and
changed into 127.0.0.1
Also the usernames and paswords are changed by then.
I hope there is someone who can help you (and me) out of this stinky windows
problem.
(By the way. I know that the troublesmaker is inside Windows Office. But
where? That's the question.)
Gerard

Steven Pilbeam 09-07-2003 10:43 AM

"Andy Wilson" <andy.wilson.1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Help,
>
> Each time that I re-boot Outlook Express loses the POP3 setting and
> substitutes loca network.
>
> Is this a known problem?
>
> How do I fix it?
>
> I have already tried re-installing I.E. and Outlook Express.
>
> Andy

Are you running anti virus software ? The sometimes plays around with
the settings

Smirnoff 09-07-2003 11:47 AM

Steven Pilbeam wrote:
> "Andy Wilson" <andy.wilson.1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Help,
>>
>> Each time that I re-boot Outlook Express loses the POP3 setting and
>> substitutes loca network.
>>
>> Is this a known problem?
>>
>> How do I fix it?
>>
>> I have already tried re-installing I.E. and Outlook Express.
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Are you running anti virus software ? The sometimes plays around with
> the settings

Whenever I used to get an update for my AV program it used to change
server to local host. I just unchecked the POP3 scan option of AV by
right clicking in task bar.

Gerard de Gooier 09-07-2003 02:39 PM

Smirnoff said:
>Whenever I used to get an update for my AV program it used to change
>server to local host. I just unchecked the POP3 scan option of AV by
>right clicking in task bar.

Well it could be a possibillity I will try that out tomorrow. Because the
problem is in the officecomputer.
Backhome I use Norton AV (in a network too but ME) without any problems and
at the I (have to) use Windows 98 SE with Office 97. ;-)) Don't dare to
laugh at me!!! ;-)) I can't help it mysef either! ;-))

Money makes the world (sometimes) go round. Yo know.
Thanks anyway.
Gerard

Santiago Zawojski 09-07-2003 03:32 PM

Re: Outlook Express POP3 setting disapears

"Andy Wilson" <andy.wilson.1@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:M9D6b.9450
$Ci1.1614304@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net:

> Help,
>
> Each time that I re-boot Outlook Express loses the POP3 setting and
> substitutes loca network.
>
> Is this a known problem?

Outlook Express doesn't work? Yes, that's a known problem.

> How do I fix it?
>
> I have already tried re-installing I.E. and Outlook Express.

Pegasus mail is free and much better than OE.