Velocity Reviews

-   -   2nd partition of disk 2 ALWAYS needs to run CHKDSK (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t179390-2nd-partition-of-disk-2-always-needs-to-run-chkdsk.html)

jaze 09-05-2003 08:05 AM

2nd partition of disk 2 ALWAYS needs to run CHKDSK

EVERY time I boot my PC, CHKDSK needs to run for drive E. I let it.
whether I reboot immediately or later, CHKDSK runs again. I've tried
Norton Disk Doctor also, to no avail.
Naturally, I can't defrag drive E due to the impending CHKDSK. I tried
to clone (image) the partitions onto another drive so I could reformat
drive 1, but I can't start the copy due to the need to run CHKDSK.

Drive 0 = 18.2GB U160 HDD (C) - FAT32
Drive 1 = ATA/100 20GB partition 1 (D). 91GB partition 2 (E) - NTFS

Windows XP Pro, 2.6GHz, 1GB, MX440 64MB, ASUS P4 MoBo, UltraPlex Wide
UW CD-ROM, external USB 2.0 CD/RW, wireless keyboard/mouse, scanner,
printer, yada, yada, yada.
NAV 2003 Pro, Ad-Aware Pro 6.0.181, PestPatrol Corporate v4.2.0.53,
Diskeeper v8.0.459 Pro, Zone Alarm v4.0.146.029

Any legitimate suggestions? How about an MS KB article addressing this
issue?

-Jaze