Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Remove Past Items (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t179381-re-remove-past-items.html)

Liz 09-05-2003 06:06 AM

Re: Remove Past Items

"anamer" <anamer@mchsi.com> wrote
> How do I remove the past Items in the Task bar and Start Menu Properties/
> Customize Notifications page. If you view the attachment it is the screen
> shot of the page. I want to get rid of the past Items there.

Start> Run> type: regedit

Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values
from the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab,
click Explorer.exe, and then click End Process.

In Task Manager, click File, click New Task,
type explorer, and then click OK.
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1061455321

Lastly, don't post attachment to plain-text newsgroup.

anamer 09-05-2003 03:28 PM

Re: Remove Past Items

Sorry there won't be any more attachments
Thank you for the help, It worked fine.

Liz 09-06-2003 01:29 AM

Re: Remove Past Items

Good to know! By the way, to prevent getting Spam,
you should munge your e-mail address. :)
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm