Velocity Reviews

-   -   My computer running WinXP keeps freezing up (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t179164-my-computer-running-winxp-keeps-freezing-up.html)

Arawak 09-03-2003 03:55 AM

My computer running WinXP keeps freezing up

My computer running WinXP keeps freezing up.
If left unattended for more than an hour, when I return everything is
frozen. Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work either. What can be causing this
problem?

TIA
Arawak

Boomer :) 09-03-2003 03:59 AM

Re: My computer running WinXP keeps freezing up

Arawak wrote:
> My computer running WinXP keeps freezing up.
> If left unattended for more than an hour, when I return everything is
> frozen. Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work either. What can be causing this
> problem?

Can't tell you much, but someone will be along shortly to offer advice. In
the meantime, you might like to look for earlier posts on the same subject.
And as for posting, whatever you do, don't post in HTML. And if you want to
post test messages, please use a TEST group.

alt.test --------------------------------->
misc.test ------------------------------>
za.test --------------------------------->

The purpose of test newsgroups is to allow users to test
their news software and servers without annoying others.

FYI http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html

Thank You :-[*]

Boomer :) 09-03-2003 04:02 AM

Arawak said:

> My computer running WinXP keeps freezing up.
> If left unattended for more than an hour, when I return
> everything is frozen. Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work either. What can
> be causing this problem?
>
> TIA
> Arawak

See if this helps:
http://www.experts-
exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20691152.html

Mike0000 09-03-2003 09:02 AM

Re: My computer running WinXP keeps freezing up

Disable your screensaver. See if your power settings at one hour are doing
anything like shutting down the drives, etc.

Run a full and updated virus scan.

Install and run Ad Aware and remove anything it finds.

--
Mike

Block web ads
http://everythingisnt.com/hosts.html