Velocity Reviews

-   -   Lexmark X74 Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t179055-lexmark-x74-problem.html)

Problems with StuFF! 09-02-2003 08:49 AM

Lexmark X74 Problem

Every time I print now, I here these really nasty scratching/ scraping noise
come from my printer. I believe this to be due to the paper feeds not
working, because the paper comes out creased and at an odd angle. Further
more the cartridges aren't being recognised as to how much ink they've got.
I've tried to re-install the ink cartridges only to get an error message.
Any ideas?

Please help I start school in 2 days time!

Many thanks

Thudd11

Boomer.. 09-02-2003 08:54 AM

Re: Lexmark X74 Problem

Problems with StuFF! wrote:
> Every time I print now, I here these really nasty scratching/
> scraping noise come from my printer. I believe this to be due to the
> paper feeds not working, because the paper comes out creased and at
> an odd angle. Further more the cartridges aren't being recognised as
> to how much ink they've got. I've tried to re-install the ink
> cartridges only to get an error message. Any ideas?
>
> Please help I start school in 2 days time!

I am being trolled so I really can't help you. Please ignore all messages
from me. Thanks :)

HamMan 09-02-2003 09:08 AM

Re: Lexmark X74 Problem

"Problems with StuFF!" <bainsrnospammerseverrequiredattiscali.co.uk> wrote
in message news:3f54594e$1_1@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
> Every time I print now, I here these really nasty scratching/ scraping

noise
> come from my printer. I believe this to be due to the paper feeds not
> working, because the paper comes out creased and at an odd angle. Further
> more the cartridges aren't being recognised as to how much ink they've

got.
> I've tried to re-install the ink cartridges only to get an error message.
> Any ideas?
>
> Please help I start school in 2 days time!
>
> Many thanks
>
> Thudd11

You should **never** reinstall old print cartridges, it confuses the printer
about how much ink there is in there. Most printers only have 3 ink level
settings 'full', about half way and 'empty'

How old is this printer, i dont follow the Lexmark range

Problems with StuFF! 09-02-2003 07:16 PM

Re: Lexmark X74 Problem

I bought it earlier this year.

Anyway, how do I sort the bad noise?