Velocity Reviews

-   -   Norton Anti-Virus 2002. How Can i have emails scanned on entry to my inbox (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t178896-norton-anti-virus-2002-how-can-i-have-emails-scanned-on-entry-to-my-inbox.html)

Look in my eyes and you'll find me 08-31-2003 06:52 PM

Norton Anti-Virus 2002. How Can i have emails scanned on entry to my inbox

Hi all,

I am running NAV2002 on OE6 and Outlook 2000 all on ME. When i send a
message it scans the outgoing mail, but doenst when email are incoming.
How do i switch it on?

Many thanks,

thud11

Um Bongo 08-31-2003 07:25 PM

Re: Norton Anti-Virus 2002. How Can i have emails scanned on entry to my inbox

"Look in my eyes and you'll find me" <bainsr@lineone.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I am running NAV2002 on OE6 and Outlook 2000 all on ME. When i send a
> message it scans the outgoing mail, but doenst when email are incoming.
> How do i switch it on?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> thud11

main screen on NAV, select options, interent, e-mail, check the boxes..okey
dokey...

BJ 08-31-2003 08:18 PM

Re: Norton Anti-Virus 2002. How Can i have emails scanned on entry to my inbox

In options, go to email and check both the incoming and out going boxes

doS 08-31-2003 10:53 PM

Re: Norton Anti-Virus 2002. How Can i have emails scanned on entry to my inbox

Totally useless, will in some cases mess up the incoming email..

BJ 08-31-2003 10:58 PM

Re: Norton Anti-Virus 2002. How Can i have emails scanned on entry to my inbox

Never had a problem with it myself!

Only thing that messes up incoming in my experience is the security
settings.