Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows Installer Service (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t178744-windows-installer-service.html)

CHAS 08-30-2003 08:26 AM

Windows Installer Service

"Windows Installer Service Cannot Be Accessed"

I get this message when I try to add/remove pograms using XP Pro (unable to
remove programs).

I know there is a service pack for 2000, but the info I have read says XP
has it included, yet it dosn't seem to work, have read a number of Q?????'s
papers on the subject, but unable resolve the problem.

I know I have posted this before, but will keep my fingers crossed that
someone can HELP.

many thank Chas

°Mike° 08-30-2003 03:18 PM

Re: Windows Installer Service

"Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed"
Error Message When You Add or Remove Program
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;315346

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:26:59 +0100, in
<ldZ3b.9614$j97.2068@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>
CHAS scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

CHAS 08-30-2003 04:59 PM

Re: Windows Installer Service

Tried that mike, when I run msiexec /regserver

bad command ?????

°Mike° 08-30-2003 05:19 PM

Re: Windows Installer Service

Try re-installing the Windows Installer redistributable.

Windows Installer Unicode (Windows NT/2000/XP) version 2.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...eleaseid=32832

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 17:59:42 +0100, in
<2K44b.3985$BM3.2578@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>
CHAS scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

CHAS 08-30-2003 05:48 PM

Re: Windows Installer Service

tells me it's the wrong O/S ...Chas

running xp

°Mike° 08-30-2003 05:51 PM

Re: Windows Installer Service

Can you roll back your system, prior to the problem?

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 18:48:38 +0100, in
<Wr54b.4976$BM3.2657@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>
CHAS scrawled:

>tells me it's the wrong O/S ...Chas
>
>running xp
>

>"°Mike°" <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in message
>> Try re-installing the Windows Installer redistributable.
>>
>> Windows Installer Unicode (Windows NT/2000/XP) version 2.0
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...eleaseid=32832
>>

>> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 17:59:42 +0100, in
>> <2K44b.3985$BM3.2578@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>
>> CHAS scrawled:
>>
>> >Tried that mike, when I run msiexec /regserver
>> >
>> >bad command ?????

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

CHAS 08-30-2003 05:58 PM

Re: Windows Installer Service

NO, 15th of this month,all prior restores have fell off the end ... Chas

CHAS 08-30-2003 06:03 PM

Re: Windows Installer Service

I think I will have to re-format, but I can't remember how to do it ... Chas

°Mike° 08-30-2003 06:04 PM

Re: Windows Installer Service

Perhaps you could try asking in one of the microsoft.public.windowsxp.*
newsgroups.

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 18:58:29 +0100, in

°Mike° 08-30-2003 06:05 PM

Re: Windows Installer Service