Velocity Reviews

-   -   Why's this happening? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t178704-whys-this-happening.html)

Kenny 08-29-2003 09:24 PM

Why's this happening?

I can see what's happening but can't figure how it's happening, anyone know?
Is it an MS programmer's Easter egg?

Open a word document and type:
= rand (200,99)
Press Enter and wait for 3 seconds....

--

Kenny

Cubzilla 08-29-2003 09:25 PM

Re: Why's this happening?

"Kenny" <elvis@gracelands.com> wrote in message
> I can see what's happening but can't figure how it's happening, anyone

know?
> Is it an MS programmer's Easter egg?
>
> Open a word document and type:
> = rand (200,99)
> Press Enter and wait for 3 seconds....
>

> --
>
> Kenny

WOW

BJ 08-29-2003 09:27 PM

Re: Why's this happening?

What does it do? I can't be bothered to find my disc, it tries to install
something! what is it?

Buffalo 08-29-2003 09:44 PM

Re: Why's this happening?

If you can't be bothered, you don't deserve to know.
WTH do you need a disk for?

BananaPannaPoe 08-29-2003 09:47 PM

Re: Why's this happening?

It's supposed to be the lazy dog's tail, and then 1234567890. It's an old
teletype character checker. Every letter and number is used.

"Kenny" <elvis@gracelands.com> wrote in message
> I can see what's happening but can't figure how it's happening, anyone

know?
> Is it an MS programmer's Easter egg?
>
> Open a word document and type:
> = rand (200,99)
> Press Enter and wait for 3 seconds....
>

> --
>
> Kenny

---

BJ 08-29-2003 09:56 PM

Re: Why's this happening?

It said it was running an installer file and needed the disc to install it,
and it's not that i can't be bothered to go get the disc, it's just the disc
is seven miles away in my office and I don't really feel like having to
drive there at 10:45 pm just to see what happens when I type a few letters
in a piece of software.

I'm running office 2000 premium and it doesn't wanna play the game!!!!!

I heard that if Bill Gates drops a $50 bill it would cost him more in time
to bend over and pick it up than it would just to leave it, This is
evidently how he makes his fortunes!!!! He has a telechecker, what i want to
know is, if you were typing up a document and you had to type that exact
string of text.... how annoyed would you be?

why? 08-29-2003 10:27 PM

Re: Why's this happening?

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 22:24:53 +0100, Kenny wrote:

>I can see what's happening but can't figure how it's happening, anyone know?
>Is it an MS programmer's Easter egg?

www.google.com

Crack easter egg "=rand ( ) egg" in Microsoft Word 2000.
.... When you type =rand ( ) or =rand (200,99)and press the Enter key in
a new document
using the Italian edition of Microsoft Word 2000, this is what you get:
www.eggscentral.com/applications/17_179.html - 12k - Cached - Similar
pages

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Formatting/DummyText.htm
The rand function

The Microsoft Knowledge Base article How to Insert Sample Text into a
Document [Q157373] explains the use and syntax of the function:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=157373

>Open a word document and type:
>= rand (200,99)
>Press Enter and wait for 3 seconds....

Me

Cubzilla 08-30-2003 05:23 PM

Re: Why's this happening?

"BJ" <barriejohn.richards@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> What does it do? I can't be bothered to find my disc, it tries to install
> something! what is it?
>

> "Kenny" <elvis@gracelands.com> wrote in message
> > I can see what's happening but can't figure how it's happening, anyone

> know?
> > Is it an MS programmer's Easter egg?
> >
> > Open a word document and type:
> > = rand (200,99)
> > Press Enter and wait for 3 seconds....
> >

> > --
> >
> > Kenny

pastes 250 pages of quick brown fox ... weird