Velocity Reviews

-   -   Won't power down when shut down (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t178508-wont-power-down-when-shut-down.html)

Ray Horton 08-27-2003 05:49 PM

Won't power down when shut down

My Windows ME computer has stopped powering down when I
Shut Down. Screen goes blank, but computer is still on and
must shut it off with button. Any help appreciated. Ray

--
Ray Horton
sunray@erie.net

Jimchip 08-27-2003 05:51 PM

Re: Won't power down when shut down

http://www.aumha.org/a/shutdown.htm

--
"Why can't somebody give us a list of things that everybody thinks and
nobody says, and another list of things that everybody says and nobody

Cicero 08-27-2003 07:29 PM

"Ray Horton" <sunray@erie.net> wrote in message
> My Windows ME computer has stopped powering down when I
> Shut Down. Screen goes blank, but computer is still on and
> must shut it off with button. Any help appreciated. Ray
>
> --
> Ray Horton
> sunray@erie.net

=========
This works in Win 2000 - it might work in Win ME.

Control panel / Power options / APM / Tick 'Enable Advanced Power
Management support'

Cic.