Velocity Reviews

-   -   about eBay (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t177942-about-ebay.html)

radiosigs 08-22-2003 04:04 PM

about eBay

Curious to know is anyone besides me is having a problem listing on eBay,
especially on page 3 of 5 corresponding to URL
http://cgi5.com/ws2/eBay/SAPI.dll

On my screen I see the page jump, unsteady scrolling, script blockage and
then eventual freezeup forcing me to exit via CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Thanks much people and have a fine day.

Nozza 08-22-2003 04:09 PM

Re: about eBay

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:04:56 GMT, "radiosigs"
<radiosigs@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Curious to know is anyone besides me is having a problem listing on eBay,
>especially on page 3 of 5 corresponding to URL
>http://cgi5.com/ws2/eBay/SAPI.dll
>
>On my screen I see the page jump, unsteady scrolling, script blockage and
>then eventual freezeup forcing me to exit via CTRL+ALT+DEL.
>
>Thanks much people and have a fine day.

What is the actual ebay URL as opposed to redirect

Thanks

Noz

Tina - AffordableHOST.com 08-22-2003 04:10 PM

Re: about eBay

I haven't tried to post anything yet, but they were down for hours 2 days
ago. Since then, I've noticed alot of strange problems. MyEbay, for
example, lost most of its items...and, on the items that didn't
disappear...the links didn't work. Also, it seems that every 4th or 5th
auction I try to click on errors out. *grrrrrrrr*

--Tina
--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com
20% Discount Code: newsgroup

news:Iar1b.410$1Q3.168@newsread1.news.atl.earthlin k.net...

Cynthia Nollner 08-22-2003 05:22 PM

Re: about eBay

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml

radiosigs 08-22-2003 05:28 PM

Re: about eBay

Thanks Cynthia but my problem has nothing to do with anything at that link.
It's been a problem for 2 weeks.

radiosigs 08-22-2003 05:32 PM

Re: about eBay

Tina, your reply stongly indicates what Earthlink techs tell me. The faults
lie not with us but with the folks in San Jose. I was on the phone with an
EL tech before and he made this PC go thru all its paces and found nothing
amiss at this end. Everytime I write to eBay about it, it takes them no
less than 2-3 days to reply. How frustrating.
radiosigs

Andrew Bell 08-22-2003 05:44 PM

Re: about eBay

Parent: news:Iar1b.410$1Q3.168@newsread1.news.atl.earthlin k.net
Earlier radiosigs [radiosigs@mindspring.com] uttered:
> Curious to know is anyone besides me is having a problem listing on
> eBay, especially on page 3 of 5 corresponding to URL
> http://cgi5.com/ws2/eBay/SAPI.dll

That url screams scam to me.

--
Andrew
The above address IS valid but will go straight to my spambin. If you

Andrew Bell 08-22-2003 05:44 PM

Re: about eBay

Cynthia Nollner 08-22-2003 06:01 PM

Re: about eBay

Oh, you might be surprised.. ebay is claiming to be making a multitude of
changes. Each and everyone has caused untold problems for users. This is
occurring daily. People can't list, listings disappear, can't get pictures
to show. People can't log in using their regular user id. This is just a
few of the problems not addressed on the announcement page. Yours is not a
unique problem. I've see your problem voiced hundreds of time a day, by
just read the regular boards. Not to mention the threaded boards.

news:%os1b.503$1Q3.141@newsread1.news.atl.earthlin k.net...

radiosigs 08-23-2003 03:32 PM

Re: about eBay

Cynthia,
I just checked the community board and YOU AIN'T KIDDING. Wow, is there
trouble in River City so I guess I'll have to be patient until eBay fixes
things.
Thanks for the reply.