Velocity Reviews

-   -   System idle process (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t177791-system-idle-process.html)

m8ee 08-21-2003 02:56 AM

System idle process

I turned this on a few days ago (xp pro) but I can't remember how to turn it
off:(
Any ideas?

Ralph Wade Phillips 08-21-2003 04:12 AM

Re: System idle process

Howdy!

"m8ee" <L.Hatherall@*removethis*btinternet.com> wrote in message
> I turned this on a few days ago (xp pro) but I can't remember how to turn

it
> off:(

Well, since the System Idle Process is the CPU time that's not used
anywhere else ... no, you didn't turn it on.

How to turn it off? Start --> Shutdown.

Or run something that requires more CPU time - SIP is just what's
left over.

> Any ideas?

Sure. THINK about what you're asking sometime.

RwP

Fuzzy Logic 08-21-2003 04:36 PM

Re: System idle process

"m8ee" <L.Hatherall@*removethis*btinternet.com> wrote in

> I turned this on a few days ago (xp pro) but I can't remember how to
> turn it off:(
> Any ideas?

Pick one of these. It will get rid of any idle time you have:

http://www.aspenleaf.com/distributed...-projects.html