Velocity Reviews

-   -   File Types (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t177542-file-types.html)

Steve 'Wacko' 08-19-2003 10:09 AM

File Types

Can someone tell me if there is a way of changing a way a media file
plays...............

I have downloaded something from Winmx just to see if what the fuss is about
file sharing. The file has downloaded has the extensions"[tmd].(tcf).ts.".

When I play it it just plays the sound in the media player, Have I
downloaded the film as well ???????? and can I view it ???????????? or is it
just the sound.........

I suppose it is a silly question and I will get slated by the clever ones on
here but I just after a little advice.......

Many thanks

Steve

--
----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

Robin Goodfellow 08-19-2003 10:35 AM

Re: File Types

It sounds like you dont have the proper codecs to play the video part of the
file. If you search for the codecs for the file in google you should get
them easy enough. Some of the groups like TMD etc. have their own so you
will need to get the specifics ones.

Steve 'Wacko' 08-19-2003 10:45 AM

Re: File Types

Cheers Robin

Sorry for asking but 1) What are Codecs ? 2) How do I know which ones I want
and 3) When I DL them were do I put them......

Many Thanks

Steve

--
----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

Robin Goodfellow 08-19-2003 10:52 AM

Re: File Types

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

I think this download covers most of the main ones. They will install
themselves so you shouldn't have to worry about that, just run the file you
download.

-= Hawk =- 08-20-2003 02:08 AM

Re: File Types

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:45:24 +0100, "Chris"
<chris49_2000@blueyonder.co.uk> scribbled:

--

Exxy is my hero!

slumpy 08-21-2003 06:57 PM

Re: File Types

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Steve 'Wacko' continued:

> Can someone tell me if there is a way of changing a way a media file
> plays...............
>
> I have downloaded something from Winmx just to see if what the fuss
> is about file sharing. The file has downloaded has the
> extensions"[tmd].(tcf).ts.".

Sounds well ****in dodgy to me.

What exactly is the filename ?
--
slumpy
no more

Sentient Fluid 08-21-2003 11:37 PM

Re: File Types

"slumpy" <me3@privacy.net> wrote in message
> threw back my head and roared with laughter as Sentient Fluid continued:

> > I'm guessing that there is more following [tmd].(tcf).ts. Perhaps
> > something like "[tmd].(tcf).ts.avi" or "[tmd].(tcf).ts.mpg"? If so
> > then all [tmd].(tcf).ts is are intials. "Professionals" who rip
> > movies/videos/etc put their intials and the intials of whatever warez
> > group they belong to in the filename for recognition purposes.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> >> Sounds well ****in dodgy to me.
> >>
> >> What exactly is the filename ?

> > Sorry to piggy-back, Slumpy...

> No problem. As long as you pay the osteopath when my spine goes ;-)

Ahhhh... so now we're down to fat jokes are we? :-P