Velocity Reviews

-   -   Trend Micro PC-cillin question... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t177511-trend-micro-pc-cillin-question.html)

Rindler Sigurd 08-19-2003 12:59 AM

Trend Micro PC-cillin question...

I have a question regarding my antivirus software from Trend Micro. Mine has
expired and needs re-activation.
It's getting really hard to dig through the company's web site with so many
different versions. Besides, their support is very busy and doesn't respond
for days.

I have upgraded my OS to Windows XP and want "Trend Micro PC-cillin 2003".
I use 4 exchangeable drawer-type hard drives with different operating
systems in one computer. Can I use the same copy of PC-cillin since the same
computer is being used? Or do I need the 'overkill package' for 5 licenses
(downloadable)?

One more thing. I have seen various downloadable software packages (incl.
PC-cillin) at "SoftwareBoy" which is several $$ cheaper than buying directly
from Trend Micro. Does anybody know other online sources which offer similar
discounts?

Thanks in advance,
S. Rindler

Boomer 08-19-2003 01:42 AM

Re: Trend Micro PC-cillin question...

Rindler Sigurd said:

> I have a question regarding my antivirus software from Trend
> Micro. Mine has expired and needs re-activation.
> It's getting really hard to dig through the company's web site
> with so many different versions. Besides, their support is very
> busy and doesn't respond for days.
>
> I have upgraded my OS to Windows XP and want "Trend Micro
> PC-cillin 2003". I use 4 exchangeable drawer-type hard drives with
> different operating systems in one computer. Can I use the same
> copy of PC-cillin since the same computer is being used? Or do I
> need the 'overkill package' for 5 licenses (downloadable)?
>
> One more thing. I have seen various downloadable software packages
> (incl. PC-cillin) at "SoftwareBoy" which is several $$ cheaper
> than buying directly from Trend Micro. Does anybody know other
> online sources which offer similar discounts?
>

> Thanks in advance,
> S. Rindler

You could ask at this group:
alt.comp.anti-virus

Have you checked out this antivirus product?
eTrust
http://www2.my-etrust.com/

Rindler Sigurd 08-19-2003 02:21 AM

Re: Trend Micro PC-cillin question...

> You could ask at this group:
> alt.comp.anti-virus

Thanks... of course, why didn't I think that there is a NG available!

> Have you checked out this antivirus product?
> eTrust
> http://www2.my-etrust.com/

No, not yet. Will do right away.
PC-Cillin is sooooo good... Haven't had a virus for 2 years! Well, I
received many through Kazaa and other P2p software, but all were caught
before doing any harm.

Boomer 08-19-2003 02:36 AM

Rindler Sigurd said:

>> Have you checked out this antivirus product?
>> eTrust
>> > http://www2.my-etrust.com/

> Are you sure the above URL is correct? It doesn't exist it says...

Sorry.

This one will work. :)

trout 08-19-2003 03:43 AM

Boomer wrote:

> Rindler Sigurd said:
>
>> I have a question regarding my antivirus software from Trend
>> Micro. Mine has expired and needs re-activation.
>> It's getting really hard to dig through the company's web site
>> with so many different versions. Besides, their support is very
>> busy and doesn't respond for days.
>>
>> I have upgraded my OS to Windows XP and want "Trend Micro
>> PC-cillin 2003". I use 4 exchangeable drawer-type hard drives with
>> different operating systems in one computer. Can I use the same
>> copy of PC-cillin since the same computer is being used? Or do I
>> need the 'overkill package' for 5 licenses (downloadable)?
>>
>> One more thing. I have seen various downloadable software packages
>> (incl. PC-cillin) at "SoftwareBoy" which is several $$ cheaper
>> than buying directly from Trend Micro. Does anybody know other
>> online sources which offer similar discounts?
>>

>> Thanks in advance,
>> S. Rindler

> You could ask at this group:
> alt.comp.anti-virus
>
> Have you checked out this antivirus product?
> eTrust
> http://www2.my-etrust.com/

Was the "2" meant to be in that link?
--
"Wondering."

Boomer 08-19-2003 03:47 AM

trout said:

> Boomer wrote:
>
>> Rindler Sigurd said:
>>
>>> I have a question regarding my antivirus software from Trend
>>> Micro. Mine has expired and needs re-activation.
>>> It's getting really hard to dig through the company's web site
>>> with so many different versions. Besides, their support is very
>>> busy and doesn't respond for days.
>>>
>>> I have upgraded my OS to Windows XP and want "Trend Micro
>>> PC-cillin 2003". I use 4 exchangeable drawer-type hard drives with
>>> different operating systems in one computer. Can I use the same
>>> copy of PC-cillin since the same computer is being used? Or do I
>>> need the 'overkill package' for 5 licenses (downloadable)?
>>>
>>> One more thing. I have seen various downloadable software packages
>>> (incl. PC-cillin) at "SoftwareBoy" which is several $$ cheaper
>>> than buying directly from Trend Micro. Does anybody know other
>>> online sources which offer similar discounts?
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> S. Rindler

>> You could ask at this group:
>> alt.comp.anti-virus
>>
>> Have you checked out this antivirus product?
>> eTrust
>> http://www2.my-etrust.com/

> Was the "2" meant to be in that link?

Oop's.

This is the correct link now.
http://www.my-etrust.com/products/

Rindler Sigurd 08-19-2003 06:13 AM

Re: Trend Micro PC-cillin question...

> Oop's.
>
> This is the correct link now.
> http://www.my-etrust.com/products/

OK, I had a look. It might be the better deal over PC-cillin... if it is
true what somebody else said.
He has 3 machines and was able to use the same software package for all of
them.
Is this true. Trend Micro wants money for every individual machine. I don't
mind paying 49 US$ for this deal.
BTW, is it always running in the background? I am downloading frequently.

Thanks,
Sigi Rindler

Boomer 08-19-2003 07:42 AM

Rindler Sigurd said:

>> Oop's.
>>
>> This is the correct link now.
>> http://www.my-etrust.com/products/
>>

> OK, I had a look. It might be the better deal over PC-cillin... if
> it is true what somebody else said.
> He has 3 machines and was able to use the same software package
> for all of them.
> Is this true. Trend Micro wants money for every individual
> machine. I don't mind paying 49 US$ for this deal.
> BTW, is it always running in the background? I am downloading
> frequently.
>
> Thanks,
> Sigi Rindler

Hi

I use AVG (freeware).

You might ask the people at
alt.comp.anti-virus for more info on my-etrust. Or e-mail CA or ??
All I know is that it is a good product and I would _assume_ it is
always running in the background.

HTH