Velocity Reviews

-   -   19" Flat Panel Monitor Purchase (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t176331-19-flat-panel-monitor-purchase.html)

Mike 08-09-2003 01:41 AM

19" Flat Panel Monitor Purchase

I want to replace my 19" Sony 400PS CRT w/ a 19" or larger flat panel
monitor. My PC is a Dell Dimension 1.7GHz, 512MB RDRAM, either a 64MB or
32MB OEM nVida video adapter. So far, I've searched www.pcmag.com and
www.pcworld.com. Where else can I find reviews and advice on buying a 19"
FP monitor?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Boomer 08-09-2003 01:58 AM

Re: 19" Flat Panel Monitor Purchase

"Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.net> wrote message ID

> I want to replace my 19" Sony 400PS CRT w/ a 19" or larger flat
> panel monitor. My PC is a Dell Dimension 1.7GHz, 512MB RDRAM,
> either a 64MB or 32MB OEM nVida video adapter. So far, I've
> searched www.pcmag.com and www.pcworld.com. Where else can I
> find reviews and advice on buying a 19" FP monitor?
>
> All help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Mike

Hi

You might want to read and/or ask at one or both of these groups
also:
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
alt.comp.hardware.*

HTH

Kilo The MagnifiKat 08-09-2003 04:21 AM

Re: 19" Flat Panel Monitor Purchase

Go to www.pricewatch.com
or go to outpost.com
In fact if you searched google you would find ,ore places to buy the
monitor than you can imagine.

CJ 08-09-2003 06:07 AM

Re: 19" Flat Panel Monitor Purchase

Hi,

I have just replace my 19" Sony with a Samsung SyncMaster 181T which is an 18" but gives a
viewing area the same as the Sony if not greater. I'm very very pleased with it the image
being so much brighter/sharper than the Sony. The amount of desk space you liberate is
also a great benefit.

I bought this after reading PC Zone where it has been one of their Flat Panel monitors of
choice for some time now. Also now it doesn't sound like it's about to close down the
national grid every time I switch it on!

I bought mine from http://www.flatscreensdirect.co.uk/

CJ

Mike 08-10-2003 04:11 PM

Re: 19" Flat Panel Monitor Purchase

I'm looking for more reviews/buyers comments before purchasing.

Mike

Boomer 08-10-2003 04:33 PM

> Thanks, I'll check out the pczone web site.
> The SyncMaster got very good reviews at www.pcworld.com,
> but I want to get a larger monitor, if I can afford it.
>
> Mike

Try here also
http://froogle.google.com/

[snip]

Arawak 08-10-2003 07:41 PM

Any "very good" 17" Flat Panel Monitor under $400 yet?

Champagne taste & beer bottle budget but don't want to settle for
crappy monitor.
Looking for a decent 17" Flat Panel Monitor under $400?

TIA
Arawak

LiveWire 08-11-2003 01:21 AM

Re: Any "very good" 17" Flat Panel Monitor under $400 yet?

> Champagne taste & beer bottle budget but don't want to settle for
> crappy monitor.
> Looking for a decent 17" Flat Panel Monitor under $400?

I know you have to draw the line somewhere, but for just a *little* ($50 or
less) more, you can get a NEC LCD1760V, which IMO, is one of the best 17"
flat panels out there.

--
LiveWire

Boomer 08-13-2003 02:38 AM