Velocity Reviews

-   -   Audio Books to CD-R question. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t175871-audio-books-to-cd-r-question.html)

GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net 08-05-2003 12:34 AM

Audio Books to CD-R question.

I have about 20 books on tape I have a friend who is bed ridden so
I'am giving him the tapes ( he can't afford a dvd or cd MP3 player ) I
copied so far 3 books to CD's so I can listen to the books I haven't
listen to yet, my problem is on the cd that have two seperate folders
( two different books ) my portable cd/mp3 player will start at
chapter 15 of one of the books, my dvd player will also do the same
,if I have only one book on the cd they play fine. Naturally I would
like not to waste 700 Mb for only 250 to 350 Mb books am I doing some
thing wrong?
I am burning the books as data and not as music cd.

GK
===================================
Of Course The Address is Munged

===================================

GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net 08-05-2003 01:08 PM

Re: Audio Books to CD-R question.

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:24:22 -0500, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
<ralphp@techie.com> wrote:

>Howdy!
>
><GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net> wrote in message
>news:aeutivc2t3err1r1ibj29h2gqfa38p73jb@4ax.com.. .
>> I have about 20 books on tape I have a friend who is bed ridden so
>> I'am giving him the tapes ( he can't afford a dvd or cd MP3 player ) I
>> copied so far 3 books to CD's so I can listen to the books I haven't
>> listen to yet, my problem is on the cd that have two seperate folders
>> ( two different books ) my portable cd/mp3 player will start at
>> chapter 15 of one of the books, my dvd player will also do the same
>> ,if I have only one book on the cd they play fine. Naturally I would
>> like not to waste 700 Mb for only 250 to 350 Mb books am I doing some
>> thing wrong?
>> I am burning the books as data and not as music cd.

> 1) Burn as a music CD.
>
> 2) Check the spelling of the chapters - most players and burners
>will alphabetize the files, or at the least, ASCII sort them.
>
> RwP

I found the problem it was in the nameing of the tracks, I went back
to a standard numbering system and I can now put multible books on one
CD.
Thanks.

GK