Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows 2000 setup (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t175594-windows-2000-setup.html)

Inchul Park 08-02-2003 08:33 PM

Windows 2000 setup

I am trying to install IIS, but I have some error message.
"Setup could not copy a file or more files.
The specific error code is 0x5. Press OK to continue or cancel to stop setup
and try again. If you continue the components may not function properly."

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out.

why? 08-02-2003 09:22 PM

Re: Windows 2000 setup

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 16:33:05 -0400, Inchul Park wrote:

>I am trying to install IIS, but I have some error message.

Which ver / What OS?

>"Setup could not copy a file or more files.
>The specific error code is 0x5. Press OK to continue or cancel to stop setup
>and try again. If you continue the components may not function properly."
>
>I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out.

Technet CD search, in the KB WinNT/2000 section.

IIS near 0x5 - 0 matches
specific near 0x5 - 0 matches

Change search to no filter.

IIS near 0x5 - 0 matches
specific near 0x5 - 0 matches

"copy a file or more files" - 4 matches, the 4 article headers are -

Knowledge Base
How to Open a Downloaded FilePSS ID Number: 258809
Article Last Modified on 12/17/2000

Knowledge Base
Problems Copying to a Double-Density Floppy After FormattingPSS ID
Number: 185702
Article Last Modified on 2/4/1999
Microsoft Windows 98

Knowledge Base
Indexing Service Adds Data Streams to Image FilesPSS ID Number: 319300
Article Last Modified on 10/11/2002
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server

Knowledge Base
'INVALID PATH' Message Following 'DISK IS FULL' MessagePSS ID Number:
77463
Article Last Modified on 11/21/1999
Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0

"specific error code is 0x5" - 0 matches

"code is 0x5" - 4 matches, the 4 article headers are -

Knowledge Base
SMS: Clients Are Not Installed for Non-English SMS 2.0 SP4 ServersPSS ID
Number: 323652
Article Last Modified on 4/21/2003
Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 SP4

Knowledge Base
FIX: Unhandled Exception When Running DBCC CheckdbPSS ID Number: 147414
Article Last Modified on 3/26/1999
Microsoft SQL Server 6.0

Knowledge Base
RAS ErrMsg: NETBIOS Error 640: A Netbios Error Has Occurred...PSS ID
Number: 111094
Article Last Modified on 10/3/1999
Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11

Knowledge Base
XADM: Error 1069 Starting an Exchange 2000 Server ServicePSS ID Number:
271920
Article Last Modified on 8/6/2002
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server

Not much to go on, from the error message you were given. Try searching
www.google.com and http://support.microsoft.com/ for manual uninstall of
IIS. Then after clearing it all out reinstall it.

Me