Velocity Reviews

-   -   AMI bios problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t175484-ami-bios-problem.html)

Pat 08-01-2003 11:47 PM

AMI bios problem

When I boot my computer, I hear 8 beeps. This means that I have a video
card problem (referring to many web sites).

I changed my ATI AGP Video card for an ATI PCI Video Card and I still can
hear 8 beeps. What should I do to get rid of this problem ?

Thanks

Pat

Unk 08-02-2003 12:13 AM

Re: AMI bios problem

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 23:47:49 GMT, "Pat" <pat@none.com> wrote:
>When I boot my computer, I hear 8 beeps. This means that I have a video
>card problem (referring to many web sites).
>I changed my ATI AGP Video card for an ATI PCI Video Card and I still can
>hear 8 beeps. What should I do to get rid of this problem ?
>
>Thanks
>Pat

8 beeps - Display Memory R/W Test failure

http://www.techadvice.com/tech/B/BeepCode.htm
http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml
http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm#04
http://www.ami.com/support/doc/beep_codes.pdf
http://www.webenet.net/~ntuser/phoenixbeep.htm
http://www.sysopt.com/biosbmc.html
http://www.5starsupport.com/info/beep_codes.htm
By BIOS type: http://www.bioscentral.com

Beep Codes

BEEP CODE Meaning

1 DRAM refresh failure
2 Parity Circut failure
3 Base 64K RAM failure
4 System Timer failure
5 Processor failure
6 Keyboard Controller / Gate A20 error
7 Virtual Mode Exception error
8 Display Memory R/W Test failure
9 ROM-BIOS Checksum failure
10 CMOS shutdown register read/write error
11 Cache memory error

Continuous Beeping: Memory or video problem

Unk