Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help for a friend (honest) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t174659-help-for-a-friend-honest.html)

slumpy 07-25-2003 08:58 PM

Help for a friend (honest)

Right, here goes. Damn fool went and spent a grand at PC World, and actually
got a pretty good deal.

The problem is, as he is running XP, and it is a PCW machine, he keeps
asking me questions I can't answer.

Like, how do I burn data cd's ? He reckons he has the option to send music
files to his burner, what about data files ? How do you access XP's burning
software, in programs ?

He's doing my head in, Oi kin tell 'ee.
--
slumpy
no more

HamMan 07-25-2003 09:00 PM

Re: Help for a friend (honest)

"slumpy" <me3@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Right, here goes. Damn fool went and spent a grand at PC World, and

actually
> got a pretty good deal.
>
> The problem is, as he is running XP, and it is a PCW machine, he keeps
> asking me questions I can't answer.
>
> Like, how do I burn data cd's ? He reckons he has the option to send music
> files to his burner, what about data files ? How do you access XP's

burning
> software, in programs ?
>
> He's doing my head in, Oi kin tell 'ee.
> --
> slumpy
> no more
> no less
> just slumpy

I thought PCWorld bundled Nero or 'EZ'CD Creator with all new PC's?

philo 07-25-2003 09:04 PM

Re: Help for a friend (honest)

"slumpy" <me3@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Right, here goes. Damn fool went and spent a grand at PC World, and

actually
> got a pretty good deal.
>
> The problem is, as he is running XP, and it is a PCW machine, he keeps
> asking me questions I can't answer.
>
> Like, how do I burn data cd's ? He reckons he has the option to send music
> files to his burner, what about data files ? How do you access XP's

burning
> software, in programs ?
>
> He's doing my head in, Oi kin tell 'ee.
> --
> slumpy
> no more
> no less
> just slumpy

with XP all you do is drag and drop the files over to the cdrw
no add'l software is usually needed

Shepİ 07-25-2003 10:58 PM

Re: Help for a friend (honest)

>He's doing my head in, Oi kin tell 'ee.

Now you know how we feel ;-)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

slumpy 07-26-2003 12:20 AM

Re: Help for a friend (honest)

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Shepİ continued:

>> He's doing my head in, Oi kin tell 'ee.

> Now you know how we feel ;-)

Ahem, tinw :-P

I wouldn't mind, but he has always had a computer and used it solely for
gaming, but gave it loads about how proficient he was etc etc. He freaked
when I laughed at him the other day when he said he didn't know how to
create a folder.
--
slumpy
no more

slumpy 07-26-2003 12:34 PM

Re: Help for a friend (honest)

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Shepİ continued:

>>> Now you know how we feel ;-)

>> Ahem, tinw :-P
>>
>> I wouldn't mind, but he has always had a computer and used it solely
>> for gaming, but gave it loads about how proficient he was etc etc.
>> He freaked when I laughed at him the other day when he said he
>> didn't know how to create a folder.

> Heh.Heh :O)

Oh boy he topped that just now.

"What the **** do you mean 'drag and drop' ?"

He's got the hump because I won't go round and sort him out. According to PC
World all PC's are shipped with EasyCD or Nero, and he still insists nothing
is installed.
--
slumpy
no more

HamMan 07-26-2003 01:53 PM

Re: Help for a friend (honest)

> threw back my head and roared with laughter as Shepİ continued:

> >> Ahem, tinw :-P
> >>
> >> I wouldn't mind, but he has always had a computer and used it solely
> >> for gaming, but gave it loads about how proficient he was etc etc.
> >> He freaked when I laughed at him the other day when he said he
> >> didn't know how to create a folder.

> > Heh.Heh :O)

> Oh boy he topped that just now.
>
> "What the **** do you mean 'drag and drop' ?"
>
> He's got the hump because I won't go round and sort him out. According to

PC
> World all PC's are shipped with EasyCD or Nero, and he still insists

nothing
> is installed.
> --
> slumpy
> no more
> no less
> just slumpy

Difficult concept that start button isnt it

slumpy 07-26-2003 04:02 PM

Re: Help for a friend (honest)

threw back my head and roared with laughter as HamMan continued:

> "slumpy" <me3@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Shepİ continued:

>>> Heh.Heh :O)

>> Oh boy he topped that just now.
>>
>> "What the **** do you mean 'drag and drop' ?"
>>
>> He's got the hump because I won't go round and sort him out.
>> According to PC World all PC's are shipped with EasyCD or Nero, and
>> he still insists nothing is installed.
>> --
>> slumpy
>> no more
>> no less
>> just slumpy
>>

> Difficult concept that start button isnt it

It is when all he's ever done with a PC in 5 or 6 years is slip in a CD and
shoot the bad guys. Seriously. Tells me all about kazaa, but can't spell it
or find it on the net, lectures me on viruses but can't be bothered to
install any AV software, refuses to run a firewall as 'there is nothing
worth stealing on my computer', and dumps Freeserve because 'the guy on the
helpdesk was a ****in idiot', when I suspect he couldn't help but laugh out
loud.

I just know my mobile will ring at 9pm with another problem.

"Where's the software kept on this machine ?"
"Why is Outlook 200 not the same as Outlook Express ?"
"My floppy disks are not floppy."
--
slumpy
no more

slumpy 07-26-2003 04:02 PM

Re: Help for a friend (honest)

threw back my head and roared with laughter as vernon simkins continued:

> uh..im not familiar with PCworld, but you should be able to burn CDs
> by buying Nero from the internet. And if all you want to do is burn
> audio CDs (and you dont have the money to buy Nero), then Windows
> Media Player 9 has a burning program built into it, making it one of
> those few instances that you can thank microsoft.

PCWorld tell me that you can also use Media Player to burn data cd's but I'm
not sure about that.
--
slumpy
no more

Sentient Fluid 07-26-2003 04:30 PM

Re: Help for a friend (honest)

"slumpy" <me3@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Right, here goes. Damn fool went and spent a grand at PC World, and

actually
> got a pretty good deal.
>
> The problem is, as he is running XP, and it is a PCW machine, he keeps
> asking me questions I can't answer.
>
> Like, how do I burn data cd's ? He reckons he has the option to send music
> files to his burner, what about data files ? How do you access XP's

burning
> software, in programs ?
>
> He's doing my head in, Oi kin tell 'ee.
> --