Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Flickering screen + crazy cursor? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t174556-re-flickering-screen-crazy-cursor.html)

Jimchip 07-24-2003 10:15 PM

Re: Flickering screen + crazy cursor?

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:44:13 +0100, eugene wrote:
> My son was on-line the other night and the only thing I know he downloaded
> was a screensaver. However, since then Ive been experiencing seriously
> irritating problems. When I start up, my screen flickers for about 15 mins
> or so and my cursor jumps all over the screen. I keep getng disconnected and
> now, tonight, as I write this, I hear a crackle occasionally which signifies
> some sort of outage as whatever I was writing has missed letters (as in
> getting in the above line). I suspected a virus but did an update and
> complete scan using AVG 6.0 yet nothing showed up. Every time I perform an
> action, should it be to close a page or even minimise one, and especially
> when I save something, everything freezes for up to a minute and there is no
> response from my mouse or any key. This is seriously annoying as I'm sure
> you can imagine. The only other noticeable fault is that my clock has gone a
> little off. Anybody got any ideas what could be wrong?

In addition to AVG you should scan for trojans and spyware.

Online Scanning tools
http://housecall.antivirus.com/
http://www.pandasoftware.es/activesc...vescan-com.asp
http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp

Anti-trojan
Trojan Defence Suite: http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/
Trojan Hunter: http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp
http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/

Anti-spyware
Ad-Aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Spybot S&D (because trout said so):
http://security.kolla.de
Mara says, "A-spy is handy, too."
http://miika.no-ip.org/ftp/?C=M&O=A

--
We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.