Velocity Reviews

-   -   Correct coding for CD autoplay in Win98SE? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t174439-correct-coding-for-cd-autoplay-in-win98se.html)

fitwell 07-24-2003 02:31 AM

Correct coding for CD autoplay in Win98SE?

In Windows 2000 at the office, I was able to disable WMP from being
default player and now the generfic CD player starts playing once a CD
is put in, instead.

I tried the same coding here on my Win98SE, but it doesn't work.
Sure, once I go into CD drive letter and press on the cda file, Winamp
starts playing but the whole thing isn't automated like on my W2K
machine at work.

Here is the coding for W2k under "Audio CD" in the folder options,
file types:

"(audio player's path)" /device:AudioCD "%L"

Can anyone tell me what the correct coding should be? Obviously, the
coding above between brackets - (audio player's path) - is replaced by
the path of the audio player one chooses.

Thanks!

fitwell 07-25-2003 02:29 AM

Re: Correct coding for CD autoplay in Win98SE?

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:22:06 +0100, °Mike°
<ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote:

>Go into Winamp's 'Options / Preferences / Setup / File types'.
>Press 'Associate with audio CDs.

Thanks for this but I didn't want to continue using Winamp as the CD
player of choice.

>For the generic CD player, AudioCD (Play) should be:
>c:\windows\cdplayer.exe /play

Yes, that worked, thanks! The coding I had for Windows 2000 is
obviously different from Win98SE. This works beautifully.

Cheers!

fitwell 07-25-2003 02:35 AM

fitwell 07-25-2003 02:40 AM

°Mike° 07-25-2003 02:51 AM

Re: Correct coding for CD autoplay in Win98SE?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 02:35:37 GMT, in
<on51iv0tuka7pld8sn9moe1orf7m4j2o6b@4ax.com>
fitwell scrawled:

>On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:22:06 +0100, °Mike°
><ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote:
>
>>Go into Winamp's 'Options / Preferences / Setup / File types'.
>>Press 'Associate with audio CDs.

>Thanks for this but I didn't want to continue using Winamp as the CD
>player of choice.
>
>>For the generic CD player, AudioCD (Play) should be:
>>c:\windows\cdplayer.exe /play

>Yes, that worked, thanks! The coding I had for Windows 2000 is
>obviously different from Win98SE. This works beautifully.
>
>Cheers!

You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance