Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dial Up Connectivity Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t174363-dial-up-connectivity-problem.html)

KC 07-23-2003 01:56 PM

Dial Up Connectivity Problem

My friend just bought a new computer and is trying to get AT&T Worldnet via
dial up to work. She already registered an email address and provided a
credit card number by using the Microsoft Internet Provider Wizard. Now
when she wants to connect, it says, "Unable to establish a connection." It
connects for about 2 seconds, going so far as verifying her user name and
password but then disconnects.

She has tried all the dial up numbers provided by ATT in the 201 area.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
kate

trout 07-23-2003 07:45 PM

Re: Dial Up Connectivity Problem

KC wrote:

> My friend just bought a new computer and is trying to get AT&T
> Worldnet via dial up to work. She already registered an email
> address and provided a credit card number by using the Microsoft
> Internet Provider Wizard. Now when she wants to connect, it says,
> "Unable to establish a connection." It connects for about 2 seconds,
> going so far as verifying her user name and password but then
> disconnects.
>
> She has tried all the dial up numbers provided by ATT in the 201 area.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> kate

Look under Tools > Options > Connection; and make sure "Hang up
after sending and receiving" is *not* checked.
--
"Something to look at."

Unknown 07-24-2003 02:55 PM

Re: Dial Up Connectivity Problem

She should verify her ID and password (Type them in again) and pay special
attention to upper case and lower case letters. An ATT tech can easily check
this for her. Don't hesitate to call.