Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Joliet names when burning to cd (filenames too long) -OT in one ng of the crosspost (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t174135-re-joliet-names-when-burning-to-cd-filenames-too-long-ot-in-one-ng-of-the-crosspost.html)

Slartibartfast 07-21-2003 04:27 PM

"Ralph Wade Phillips" <ralphp@techie.com> wrote in message

> But I'd also ask, why are the
> file names so long?

Kruder & Dorfmeister - DJ Kicks - 16 - Showroom Recordings - Radio Burning
Chrome.mp3
Alabama 3 - Exile On Coldharbour Lane - 03 - Woke Up This Morning (Sopranos
Theme).mp3
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me - 04 - Feelin' The Same Way.mp3
Cinematic Orchestra - Everyday - 05 - Man With the Movie Camera.mp3

to name but a few.
--
Slartibartfast
To reply by email, remove the FJORDS from my address

John R. Baker 07-21-2003 05:55 PM

"anthonyberet" <witfb001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message

> "Slartibartfast" <slarti@celynnen.FJORDSdemon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > "Ralph Wade Phillips" <ralphp@techie.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > But I'd also ask, why are the
> > > file names so long?

> > Kruder & Dorfmeister - DJ Kicks - 16 - Showroom Recordings - Radio

Burning
> > Chrome.mp3
> > Alabama 3 - Exile On Coldharbour Lane - 03 - Woke Up This Morning

> (Sopranos
> > Theme).mp3
> > Norah Jones - Come Away With Me - 04 - Feelin' The Same Way.mp3
> > Cinematic Orchestra - Everyday - 05 - Man With the Movie Camera.mp3
> >
> > to name but a few.

> How about "Nurse With Wound Opiated Priests like Muslimgauze Hafler Trio
> Zoviet France Rapoon Merzbow KK Null Psychic - Psychic tv.mp3"?
>
> -its difficult to edit down without losing something....

Do what I do - Give it an acronym:

Call it "NWWOPLMHTZFRMKNP-PTV.mp3"

;-)

John R. Baker 07-21-2003 11:12 PM

> John R. Baker wrote:
> > "anthonyberet" <witfb001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Slartibartfast" <slarti@celynnen.FJORDSdemon.co.uk> wrote in message

> >> How about "Nurse With Wound Opiated Priests like Muslimgauze Hafler
> >> Trio Zoviet France Rapoon Merzbow KK Null Psychic - Psychic tv.mp3"?
> >>
> >> -its difficult to edit down without losing something....
> >>

> > Do what I do - Give it an acronym:
> >
> > Call it "NWWOPLMHTZFRMKNP-PTV.mp3"
> >

> YMHMYFAIOA ;-)

OK, I admit that this could easily get out of hand...
;-)