Velocity Reviews

-   -   format hard drive (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t173178-format-hard-drive.html)

Kenneth Alexander 07-12-2003 02:52 PM

format hard drive

Is there someone who could help me, I formatted my
hard drive, and forgot to type in the last part of the command(\s), and with
the 3.5 in boot disc, in, th ecomputer tells me the disc is not a system
disc?

Shepİ 07-12-2003 06:04 PM

Re: format hard drive

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:58:04 -0500, In this world we created "philo"
<philo@plazaearth.com> wrote :

>"Kenneth Alexander" <alexanfam@pcmagic.net> wrote in message
>> Is there someone who could help me, I formatted my
>> hard drive, and forgot to type in the last part of the command(\s), and

>with
>> the 3.5 in boot disc, in, th ecomputer tells me the disc is not a system
>> disc?
>>

>to reinstall an operating system you do *not* have to make the disk bootable
>
>however if you want to do so
>just bootup with your floppy and issue the command sys c:

As Philo says.Setup.exe will make the partition a system partition on
install.The,"S" switch in format.com is not required.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,