Velocity Reviews

-   -   Error Message - File Not Found (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t172946-error-message-file-not-found.html)

barb 07-10-2003 02:05 PM

Error Message - File Not Found

For the past few days I have found that if I click on some links on web
pages that I get the message FILE NOT FOUND, 'the requested URL is not
available on this server' when I have been able to access the site
previously.

I haven't altered anything that I'm aware of, just wondered if I could have
deleted something in error.

Would appreciate anyone's advice.

Barb

Brian H¹© 07-10-2003 02:29 PM

Re: Error Message - File Not Found

In a desperate cry for help barb said:

> For the past few days I have found that if I click on some links on web
> pages that I get the message FILE NOT FOUND, 'the requested URL is not
> available on this server' when I have been able to access the site
> previously.
>
> I haven't altered anything that I'm aware of, just wondered if I could have
> deleted something in error.
>
> Would appreciate anyone's advice.
>
> Barb

Could be that the file is no longer available at that site.
Have you tried e-mailing the sites admin?

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

Barbara Rose 07-10-2003 02:34 PM

Re: Error Message - File Not Found

..>
> Could be that the file is no longer available at that site.
> Have you tried e-mailing the sites admin?

I don't think so, because it's happened on several sites, just seems too
much of a coincidence. No, I haven't e-mailed the sites, that's a thought.

Barb

Shep© 07-10-2003 07:28 PM

Re: Error Message - File Not Found

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:34:59 +0100, In this world we created "Barbara
Rose" <barbara_rose@hotmail.com> wrote :

>.>
>> Could be that the file is no longer available at that site.
>> Have you tried e-mailing the sites admin?
>>

>I don't think so, because it's happened on several sites, just seems too
>much of a coincidence. No, I haven't e-mailed the sites, that's a thought.
>
>Barb

If available.
Start/programs/Accessories/System Tools/System
Information/Tools/Internet Repair and re-boot.
To check if it is a browser issue you can download this very small
stand alone one to check the sites,
http://www.OffByOne.com/ob1_download.htm

HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

barb 07-10-2003 08:30 PM

Re: Error Message - File Not Found

> If available.
> Start/programs/Accessories/System Tools/System
> Information/Tools/Internet Repair and re-boot.
> To check if it is a browser issue you can download this very small
> stand alone one to check the sites,
> http://www.OffByOne.com/ob1_download.htm

Thanks for the link I will try it. I don't have those options from the
Start button, after System Info it doesn't say Internet Repair. Perhaps if
I reinstall IE again it will help?

Barb

Shep© 07-10-2003 08:38 PM

Re: Error Message - File Not Found

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:30:14 +0100, In this world we created "barb"
<barbara_rose@hotmail.com> wrote :

>> If available.
>> Start/programs/Accessories/System Tools/System
>> Information/Tools/Internet Repair and re-boot.
>> To check if it is a browser issue you can download this very small
>> stand alone one to check the sites,
>> http://www.OffByOne.com/ob1_download.htm

>Thanks for the link I will try it. I don't have those options from the
>Start button, after System Info it doesn't say Internet Repair. Perhaps if
>I reinstall IE again it will help?

If this is winXP then it may help.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

HTH :)