Velocity Reviews

-   -   Files appearing on my Desktop (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t172763-files-appearing-on-my-desktop.html)

Steve Oldham 07-09-2003 12:37 AM

Files appearing on my Desktop

I've been slowlly recovering from a mini-crash and the next problem I
want to deal with are these strange files that appear all over my
desktop after a session. There are .DAT & .BAK files and error logs
and various files that look ( to my untrained eye) to be temps. Any
ideas?

Thank You

Steve

°Mike° 07-09-2003 01:38 AM

Re: Files appearing on my Desktop

I see you are using Agent. You are not running Agent from
your desktop, by any chance, are you? Are you having any
problems with Agent?

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:37:32 GMT, in
<0komgvc1jsinf7bvg4dphbsl8unvbimj14@4ax.com>
Steve Oldham scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Steve Oldham 07-10-2003 01:18 AM

Re: Files appearing on my Desktop

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 19:40:31 -0500, "philo" <philo@plazaearth.com>
wrote:

>"Steve Oldham" <steveold@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>news:0komgvc1jsinf7bvg4dphbsl8unvbimj14@4ax.com.. .
>> I've been slowlly recovering from a mini-crash and the next problem I
>> want to deal with are these strange files that appear all over my
>> desktop after a session. There are .DAT & .BAK files and error logs
>> and various files that look ( to my untrained eye) to be temps. Any
>> ideas?
>>
>> Thank You
>>
>> Steve

>it looks like you might have dragged (or copied) an application to your
>desktop
>rather than having made a shortcut

You got it. Thanks much.

Steve