Velocity Reviews

-   -   computer start up problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t172636-computer-start-up-problem.html)

James Walker 07-07-2003 10:31 PM

computer start up problem

Hi guys,

I thought that I would post my problem here anyway. I hope someone can Help.

I have a problem with a soltek sl-75dvr5 motherboard. It has a amd1800+ chip
and 512mb ddr333 ram

The problem is at start up. I have take everything out apart from the
graphics card, and when I turn on the cpu fan seems to rev like someone has
there foot on an accelerator. if I take the ram out it starts ok till post
checks the ram, it get the correct beeps code for no ram, and then the
revving starts. I first thought power supply, but with it starting correctly
till it looks for ram I am now stumped. I don't have a multi tester so have
no way of checking the power supply.

The problem started when the owner of the computer replace the heatsink.
Before that it was running ok.

Does anyone have any ideas

Thanks

James

07-07-2003 11:05 PM

Re: computer start up problem

Do you have the green lite on the motherboard?