Velocity Reviews

-   -   How do I stop programmes (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t172602-how-do-i-stop-programmes.html)

Sonia 07-07-2003 04:55 PM

How do I stop programmes

Starting up when I log on in they go to my taskbar as my winfax and other
programmes which I don't want on start up.

Sonia

Brian H 07-07-2003 04:57 PM

Re: How do I stop programmes

Errrrr...erm... Sonia said:

> Starting up when I log on in they go to my taskbar as my winfax and other
> programmes which I don't want on start up.
>
> Sonia

What OS?

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

Sonia 07-07-2003 05:00 PM

Re: How do I stop programmes

"Brian H" <no.spam@this.addy.ta> wrote in message
> Errrrr...erm... Sonia said:
>
> > Starting up when I log on in they go to my taskbar as my winfax and

other
> > programmes which I don't want on start up.
> >
> > Sonia

> What OS?

Sorry XP pro

DaveG 07-07-2003 06:26 PM

Re: How do I stop programmes

"Sonia" <sweet_lollie_pop2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Brian H" <no.spam@this.addy.ta> wrote in message
> > Errrrr...erm... Sonia said:
> >
> > > Starting up when I log on in they go to my taskbar as my winfax

and
> other
> > > programmes which I don't want on start up.
> > >
> > > Sonia

> > What OS?

> Sorry XP pro

Never heard of it ;-)
try this-
Type msconfig into the start-run dialogue then click on the startup
tab and untick the programs you wish to disable from startup.

--
ATB-DaveG

Ionizer 07-07-2003 06:33 PM

Re: How do I stop programmes

The first approach may be to right-click on or otherwise open up those
programs and look in their options for a "launch at start-up" checkbox of
some sort.

Here's some helpful stuff on disabling services at boot up:
http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

Regards,
Ian.

Professor 07-07-2003 11:22 PM

Re: How do I stop programmes

Try going to the start menu and "run" and type in msconfig and see what is
in the startup menu. Uncheck anything you don't want and you will be asked
to reboot and what you unchecked should be gone. Windows will say you have
changed things which you can also check so as not to see that again.

Shep 07-08-2003 12:38 AM

Re: How do I stop programmes

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:00:39 +0000 (UTC), In this world we created
"Sonia" <sweet_lollie_pop2003@yahoo.com> wrote :

>"Brian H" <no.spam@this.addy.ta> wrote in message
>> Errrrr...erm... Sonia said:
>>
>> > Starting up when I log on in they go to my taskbar as my winfax and

>other
>> > programmes which I don't want on start up.
>> >
>> > Sonia

>> What OS?

>Sorry XP pro

This small program adds a neat little Startup Icon to the Control
Panel so you can disable what you like,
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
More info here,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/startup.html

HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Sonia 07-08-2003 05:51 AM

Re: How do I stop programmes

"Professor" <mfevs@winco.net> wrote in message
> Try going to the start menu and "run" and type in msconfig and see what is
> in the startup menu. Uncheck anything you don't want and you will be

asked
> to reboot and what you unchecked should be gone. Windows will say you

have
> changed things which you can also check so as not to see that again.

You know what that was what I was looking for cheers.