Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can't cure a popup annoyance (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t172561-cant-cure-a-popup-annoyance.html)

Smoker 07-07-2003 04:29 AM

Can't cure a popup annoyance

I've got a popup I can't get rid of. Ad Aware and SpyBot can't find it.
AdShield replaces it but doesn't stop it from popping up. The popup window
on IE title bar is "Only the best." I had traced it to www.00hq.com where I
get an Access Forbidden page. It changed some search data in the registry
which I deleted or changed back but evidently didn't get to the heart of it.
I'm using Win98 and IE 5.5. Can anyone help me get rid of this? Thanks.

Smoker 07-09-2003 04:15 AM

Re: Can't cure a popup annoyance

Solved by restoring a previous registry version.