Velocity Reviews

-   -   Motherboard Issue (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t171865-motherboard-issue.html)

Primster 07-01-2003 12:44 AM

Motherboard Issue

Hello,

I just bought a new motherboard and for some reason the mouse/nic port
light stays on all of the time. This causes my optical mouse to
constantly stay on... Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this...
It's a soyo motherboard, I have been to their website but there was no
info there. Also, I looked in the control panel under power options
and in the CMOS to change a setting, but I can't find the solution
anywhere.... Please help if you know the answer.

Thanks,

Primster

Plato 07-01-2003 12:55 AM

Re: Motherboard Issue

Primster wrote:

> I just bought a new motherboard and for some reason the mouse/nic port
> light stays on all of the time. This causes my optical mouse to

My USB mouse stays on all the time. I dont see the problem.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Primster 07-01-2003 02:19 PM

Re: Motherboard Issue

It seems to me that the led light will burn out a lot faster.... or it
seems as though it's wasting electricity.

Ralph Wade Phillips 07-01-2003 02:45 PM

Re: Motherboard Issue

Howdy!

"Primster" <prim@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> It seems to me that the led light will burn out a lot faster.... or it
> seems as though it's wasting electricity.

The reason it's on is because that board supports keyboard power-on.

As to "burn out a lot faster" - Why, sure. It might only last 10
years, instead of 15 or 20. But the WIRE to the mouse will break a lot
quicker, so that's nothing important.

As to "waste electricity" - Do you have any nightlights in your
house? Turn one off. You're at a net GAIN now ...

RwP

Mike Stevenson 07-08-2003 04:44 PM

Re: Motherboard Issue

I own a Logitech Optical Mouse. I'm not sure what kind you have, or whether
it could be considered normal for your mouse, but mine stays on all the
time. It always has, I'm fairly certain its sopposed to. You think it's
annoying for you, mine is wireless, so it is a constant drain on the
battery.