Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: A Big thanx Fella's.Mike,Kenny,Brian and Rover (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t171768-re-a-big-thanx-fellas-mike-kenny-brian-and-rover.html)

paul s 06-29-2003 10:32 PM

John wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:03:04 +0100, "Brian H??" <no.spam@this.addy.ta>
> wrote:

>> Errrrr...erm... Big Duke said:
>>
>>> Found what I was looking for so thanx again for all your help Guys

>>You're welcome, but you you still need to adjust your time zone ;-)

> He doesn't need to if he doesn't want to. Perhaps he is happy with it
> the way it is now.
>
> For instance, if I wanted to be a busy body I could tell you to dump
> those characters in your handle that are not supported by my
> newsreaders' default charset, but I won't because it's your computer
> and you can do what you want with it.

You mean your default charset dont even have a (copyright symbol) in it.
WTF are you using?
--
Paul S

Brian H 06-29-2003 10:35 PM

Errrrr...erm... paul s said:

> John wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:03:04 +0100, "Brian H??" <no.spam@this.addy.ta>
>> wrote:

>>> You're welcome, but you you still need to adjust your time zone ;-)

>> He doesn't need to if he doesn't want to. Perhaps he is happy with it
>> the way it is now.
>>
>> For instance, if I wanted to be a busy body I could tell you to dump
>> those characters in your handle that are not supported by my
>> newsreaders' default charset, but I won't because it's your computer
>> and you can do what you want with it.

> You mean your default charset dont even have a (copyright symbol) in it.
> WTF are you using?

He's probably playing with daddies pc while his playstation cools down :-D

John 06-29-2003 11:03 PM

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:32:50 GMT, paul s <nospam@nospam.forme> wrote:

>You mean your default charset dont even have a (copyright symbol) in it.
>WTF are you using?

ASCII (us-ascii)

gehenna 06-30-2003 06:17 AM

Re: A Big thanx Fella's.Mike,Kenny,Brian and Rover

> >>You're welcome, but you you still need to adjust your time zone ;-)

> > He doesn't need to if he doesn't want to. Perhaps he is happy with it
> > the way it is now.
> >
> > For instance, if I wanted to be a busy body I could tell you to dump
> > those characters in your handle that are not supported by my
> > newsreaders' default charset, but I won't because it's your computer
> > and you can do what you want with it.

Some people are anal, others just like to keep things tidy. Having
your clock be wrong annoys some people, whereas others will just plonk
and forget you. We make our clocks keep the right time most
importantly because it is a convention. We follow it so everyone's
news reader looks nice and neat, sort of like a common courtesy. Your
newsreader's inability to show uncommon characters is a problem at
your end as it only affects you, the wrong time however affects
everyone, sort of like a open relay mail server(whatever that is) on
dial up.