Velocity Reviews

-   -   stop Internet conn' when PC starts (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t171602-stop-internet-conn-when-pc-starts.html)

Twixer 06-28-2003 10:24 AM

stop Internet conn' when PC starts

Hi all can anyone remind me how stop a PC connecting to the net whenever the
PC is switched on?

--
Regards Ron...........

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 06-28-2003 10:55 AM

Re: stop Internet conn' when PC starts

Twixer wrote:
> Hi all can anyone remind me how stop a PC connecting to the net whenever the
> PC is switched on?

Figure out which program it is that is trying to access the net. Look in
your startup folder. Or do a Ctrl + Alt + Del and look at the running
programs and by process of elimination get rid of the one making a
request to be online. Could be Weatherbug, a virus or trojan, spyware,
adware or one of umpteen others.

Twixer 06-28-2003 11:32 AM

Re: stop Internet conn' when PC starts

> Twixer wrote:
> > Hi all can anyone remind me how stop a PC connecting to the net whenever

the
> > PC is switched on?
> >

> Figure out which program it is that is trying to access the net. Look in
> your startup folder. Or do a Ctrl + Alt + Del and look at the running
> programs and by process of elimination get rid of the one making a
> request to be online. Could be Weatherbug, a virus or trojan, spyware,
> adware or one of umpteen others.

Thanks I will Have a look around!

Plato 06-28-2003 05:15 PM

Rgr wrote:

> request to be online. Could be Weatherbug, a virus or trojan, spyware,

That weatherbug program is being offerned on many sites now. Darn
popups/popunders with the weatherbug. Silly app.

Flash 06-29-2003 02:25 AM

"Rgr" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message
> Twixer wrote:
> > Hi all can anyone remind me how stop a PC connecting to the net whenever

the
> > PC is switched on?

Zone Alarm was doing that here until I downloaded the latest version.