Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Laptop with 16:9 display? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t171540-re-laptop-with-16-9-display.html)

Mitch 06-27-2003 06:03 PM

Re: Laptop with 16:9 display?

In article <2iiofv0erglvig2d3cb6h2dq241mdgrd0u@4ax.com>,
<john63401@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I see some laptops are coming with 16:9 screens.
>
> Is this a desirable screen aspect ratio?
>
> Should I get a laptop with such a display?

That is being done because many laptop users like to play DVD on them.
It isn't because of some computer-related benefit.

It does help for applications that use a lot of palettes, like
Photoshop and some 3D stuff.
For applications like word processors and spreadsheets, the display is
cleaner (better resolution horizontally) but not as high (lower
resolution vertically).

In short, unless you would really play DVD a lot, it probably isn't
something to insist on.

john63401@yahoo.com 06-27-2003 10:50 PM

Re: Laptop with 16:9 display?

>In short, unless you would really play DVD a lot, it probably isn't
>something to insist on.

OK

Thanks for the perspective Mitch!!