Velocity Reviews

-   -   Startup Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t171195-startup-problem.html)

Janus de Zorba 06-24-2003 04:32 PM

Startup Problem

PC Fujitsu Siemens
OS Win.XP Pro.SP1
Intel Pentium 4 - 1.7GHz
Hard Drive 80 GB(25GB used) and 512 RD RAM

My PC was taking less than couple of min. from the time I pressed the power
button to the time the barrel changed to cursor on my desktop.

Suddenly couple of weeks ago it started taking more than five min. for the
same process.

Is this a fault of Windows or something?

What can I do reverse the condition?

Thank you

Janus

Unk 06-24-2003 04:49 PM

Re: Startup Problem

Do you have a NIC in the computer?

Long boot times:
You may have the Ethernet adapter still set to DHCP and your ISP has
shut off it's DHCP service (or you're not using the NIC at all). If so, you
will not be served an address and the OS will wait during boot until the
program times out. Setting you Ethernet adapter to a non-routable IP
address may speed up the boot process.

Slow boot time, or delays / Blackouts or Time-outs while waiting for
webpages to load.
http://www.carricksolutions.com/pppoe.htm#15
http://www.carricksolutions.com/pppoe.htm
http://cable-dsl.home.att.net/#LongHangs