Velocity Reviews

-   -   CPU multiplier ratio question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t171145-cpu-multiplier-ratio-question.html)

Barry Ward 06-24-2003 03:53 AM

CPU multiplier ratio question

I have purchased a JETWAY v266B motherboard and an AMD XP2400 CPU to upgrade
my system. This mobo supports the FSB266 type Athlons up to 2400 and also
supports 133 SDRAM (which I intend to use) .

The Jetway website specifically says that the mobo supports the XP2400 with
a clock ratio setting of 15. My trouble is that the manual that came with
the board and also the manual for download at the Jetway website only shows
the switch settings for ratios up to 12.5.

Now, the tech info on this board says that it is "jumperless" (which I find
strange if it has a set of cpu ratio jumpers") - but I have noticed that the
jumpers for the 5 switches are all set to "OFF" by default and I have read
posts in NGs where people say that they set the mobo up "straight out of the
box) .

The only computer I have built was an INTEL P3 on an ASUS board which was
"jumperless" and the machine booted up straight out of the box.

Could somebody help me with this

Thanks

Barry

Shepİ 06-24-2003 06:33 PM

Re: CPU multiplier ratio question

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:53:28 +1000, Whilst playing Smegball with the
scutters "Barry Ward" <bazza1@ihug.com.au> wrote :

>I have purchased a JETWAY v266B motherboard and an AMD XP2400 CPU to upgrade
>my system. This mobo supports the FSB266 type Athlons up to 2400 and also
>supports 133 SDRAM (which I intend to use) .
>
>The Jetway website specifically says that the mobo supports the XP2400 with
>a clock ratio setting of 15. My trouble is that the manual that came with
>the board and also the manual for download at the Jetway website only shows
>the switch settings for ratios up to 12.5.
>
>Now, the tech info on this board says that it is "jumperless" (which I find
>strange if it has a set of cpu ratio jumpers") - but I have noticed that the
>jumpers for the 5 switches are all set to "OFF" by default and I have read
>posts in NGs where people say that they set the mobo up "straight out of the
>box) .
>
>The only computer I have built was an INTEL P3 on an ASUS board which was
>"jumperless" and the machine booted up straight out of the box.
>
>Could somebody help me with this
>
>Thanks
>
>Barry

Don't know if this helps but I had an old AMD 400 system that used a
1.5 multiplier that doubled as the 6x it required as the BIOS only
went up to 5X.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,