Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help esk Suggestions - Best Practices, Tool, ideas, suggestions, etc (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t171018-help-esk-suggestions-best-practices-tool-ideas-suggestions-etc.html)

JohnNews 06-23-2003 03:13 AM

Help esk Suggestions - Best Practices, Tool, ideas, suggestions, etc

Folks:

I am just wondering if you good folks are familiar with any help desk
software that can be used to help manage a small (100 node) network.
Looking forward to some interesting experiences, ideas, and suggestions in
the technical help desk arena. Some interesting web links would be cool.

Thanks,
John.

Techy #1 06-23-2003 01:02 PM

Re: Help esk Suggestions - Best Practices, Tool, ideas, suggestions, etc

Hi John,

We use http://www.inet-sciences.com/ full web/browser based support package!

You will find a VERY good solution here and it's free for up to 3 users
while you try it out for as long as you like (what a deal).

Operated using XP Pro, IIS, SQL or AccessDB back end and SMTP package. If
your a techy used to installing backend, middleware and web front ended
stuff this is easy. If not instructions are good for the partially skilled
IT technition.

I strongly recommend it as fully deployed and customised in 5 days at our
head office. May be a little much for your 100 node network as an access db
would do the job.

Cheers, Techy...

Paul H 06-23-2003 04:30 PM

Re: Help esk Suggestions - Best Practices, Tool, ideas, suggestions, etc

John,
We're a small organisation with a small network and we're using
ieSupportManager. It's a very cost effective product and easily
customised. A trial version can be downloaded from the website
www.iecomputersytems.ie. We have bought two licenses, which we run
seperately and are using it for our helpdesk / issue tracking and our
bug tracking / request tracking.

It's worth a look to see if it fits your exact needs.

Paul

Blue Jean 06-23-2003 11:20 PM

Re: Help esk Suggestions - Best Practices, Tool, ideas, suggestions, etc

You may try Bugzero, a help desk/bug tracking system, very simple to use
and administrate.
http://www.websina.com/bugzero/

-dev@websina