Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   Voce (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t171011-voce.html)

DaveG 06-23-2003 01:33 AM

Voce
 
What is the literal meaning of the word "voce" in Brazilian?
Is it "sing" or "voice" or both?
It crops up in lots of Brazilian music and I really like to know.
Many thanks friends.

--
ATB-DaveG

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.






°Mike° 06-23-2003 01:52 AM

Re: Voce
 
It's italian, and it's literal meaning is 'voice'.


On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 02:33:02 +0100, in
<bd5lcj$u7k$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>
DaveG scrawled:

>What is the literal meaning of the word "voce" in Brazilian?
>Is it "sing" or "voice" or both?
>It crops up in lots of Brazilian music and I really like to know.
>Many thanks friends.


--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

DaveG 06-23-2003 02:02 AM

Re: Voce
 

"°Mike°" <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in message
news:3ef75c09.1353821@localhost...
> It's italian, and it's literal meaning is 'voice'.
>
>


OK thanks,that's what Google says(to me) but then,in what
context(meaning) are these Brazilian vocalists using the word voce?
It must mean "vocalize" or sing,no?
eg:songs here-
http://tinyurl.com/eznr



--
ATB-DaveG

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.


°Mike° 06-23-2003 02:25 AM

Re: Voce
 
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 03:02:12 +0100, in
<bd5n38$v7u$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>
DaveG scrawled:

>
>"°Mike°" <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in message
>news:3ef75c09.1353821@localhost...
>> It's italian, and it's literal meaning is 'voice'.
>>
>>

>
>OK thanks,that's what Google says(to me) but then,in what
>context(meaning) are these Brazilian vocalists using the word voce?
>It must mean "vocalize" or sing,no?
>eg:songs here-
>http://tinyurl.com/eznr


Ah, that's Portugese; there doesn't seem to be a
meaning (that I can find), for 'voce' in Portugese.

The only thing I can think of, is that it may signify
a vocal piece, no?

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

DaveG 06-23-2003 02:37 AM

Re: Voce
 
"°Mike°" <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in message
news:3ef8647d.3518147@localhost...
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 03:02:12 +0100, in
> <bd5n38$v7u$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>
> DaveG scrawled:
>
> >
> >"°Mike°" <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in message
> >news:3ef75c09.1353821@localhost...
> >> It's italian, and it's literal meaning is 'voice'.
> >>
> >>

> >
> >OK thanks,that's what Google says(to me) but then,in what
> >context(meaning) are these Brazilian vocalists using the word voce?
> >It must mean "vocalize" or sing,no?
> >eg:songs here-
> >http://tinyurl.com/eznr

>
> Ah, that's Portugese; there doesn't seem to be a
> meaning (that I can find), for 'voce' in Portugese.
>
> The only thing I can think of, is that it may signify
> a vocal piece, no?


Portugese?
Thanks for that.
I'll gamble that it means "sing".
Check out the soundtrack to "Woman On Top"(the film featuring the
wonderful Penelope Cruz)there is some great music on the OST,one of
the tracks is simply titled "Voce"(complete with accent of
course)-Vothe,Vo-che!
The film is good also,in a "feel good" aspect.

--
ATB-DaveG

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.