Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Mispronunciation problem... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t170997-re-mispronunciation-problem.html)

Shepİ 06-22-2003 10:57 PM

Re: Mispronunciation problem...

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:00:13 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
scutters "He who doth Slump a lot" <me6@privacy.net> wrote :

>OK, so I know a guy who is one of those who insists he is an expert on
>everything, but he insists on saying Jigabyte, which I understand is
>acceptable, but bloody irritating nonetheless.
>
>My problem is that having worked with my brother a lot over the years, and
>have used most woodworking machinery, I cannot stop calling a router a
>/rowter/. It says /rowter/ when I read it, and it annoys the Hell out of me
>to correct myself, making me look a total ****in idiot.

The guy's a prick :O

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Slumpy 06-23-2003 01:32 PM

Re: Mispronunciation problem...

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Shepİ continued:

> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:00:13 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
> scutters "He who doth Slump a lot" <me6@privacy.net> wrote :
>
>> OK, so I know a guy who is one of those who insists he is an expert
>> on everything, but he insists on saying Jigabyte, which I understand
>> is acceptable, but bloody irritating nonetheless.
>>
>> My problem is that having worked with my brother a lot over the
>> years, and have used most woodworking machinery, I cannot stop
>> calling a router a /rowter/. It says /rowter/ when I read it, and it
>> annoys the Hell out of me to correct myself, making me look a total
>> ****in idiot.

> The guy's a prick :O

Agreed, but when you have no friends you take whatever you can get ;-)
--
slumpy
no more