Velocity Reviews

-   -   Program folder opens on startup (XP). (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t170989-program-folder-opens-on-startup-xp.html)

[SWE]Bobbo 06-22-2003 09:05 PM

Program folder opens on startup (XP).

Most irritating.
All by a sudden the program folder opens on startup. Obviously it's
because something has messed up my system, but I do not know what. I
recognise this problem from W 95 and 98, but I have not met this
problem on a XP machine. 'til now.
I have checked for entries in start menu -> autostart and registry
entries in the common "run" folder, but there's nothing there that
could generate this problem.
Therefore I turn to you, good people.

--End of message--

°Mike° 06-22-2003 09:45 PM

Re: Program folder opens on startup (XP).

Make sure that all of your startup shortcuts pointing
to "Program Files", has double quotes around them.

Start / Run / Control Folders / View ...
Uncheck 'Restore previous folder windows at logon'.

Remove Common Tasks from Desktop
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...sk_desktop.htm

On 22 Jun 2003 14:05:42 -0700, in
<6b6cd988.0306221305.1dc389f6@posting.google.com >
[SWE]Bobbo scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

[SWE]Bobbo 06-23-2003 10:21 AM

Re: Program folder opens on startup (XP).

Problem solved, thanks

--End of message--