Velocity Reviews

-   -   Best Keyboard (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t170981-best-keyboard.html)

Laffctx 06-22-2003 07:43 PM

Best Keyboard

I am wanting a new keyboard and I am not really sure whether I want wireless
or not............Actually, I am not really sure wireless would be of any
benefit to me. Any suggestions on what is good keyboard would be greatly
appreciated. I play games but I am not a gamer so to speak. I surf the web
a lot and I am really big into music.

Thanks in advance for the input,

Laffctx

°Mike° 06-22-2003 07:54 PM

Re: Best Keyboard

A keyboard is like an armchair; whatever 'feels' best to
YOU is the one to go for.

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:43:03 -0700, in
<WDnJa.73560$Pc5.15776@fed1read01>
Laffctx scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

philo 06-22-2003 07:57 PM

Re: Best Keyboard

Laffctx wrote:
> I am wanting a new keyboard and I am not really sure whether I want wireless
> or not............Actually, I am not really sure wireless would be of any
> benefit to me. Any suggestions on what is good keyboard would be greatly
> appreciated. I play games but I am not a gamer so to speak. I surf the web
> a lot and I am really big into music.
>
> Thanks in advance for the input,
>
> Laffctx

think quiet
think ergonomic
think

The Freek 06-22-2003 08:01 PM

Re: Best Keyboard

Have a look at http://trust.com/products/themes/designdesktop/ and try the
370B EASY SCROLL WIRELESS DESK SET
It's got "33 extra keys for MS Office, Internet, Multimedia and Power
control"

Slumpy 06-22-2003 08:13 PM

Re: Best Keyboard

threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:

> A keyboard is like an armchair; whatever 'feels' best to
> YOU is the one to go for.

I've tried watching a movie and dozing off while sitting on a keyboard and
it doesn't even come close.

I take back what I said earlier in another thread...you obviously *are* what
the other guy said ;-)
--
slumpy
no more

°Mike° 06-22-2003 09:03 PM

Re: Best Keyboard

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:49:30 +0100, in
<bd54o1$p0kmk$1@ID-105330.news.dfncis.de>
Slumpy scrawled:

>"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
>threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:
>
>> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:13:55 +0100, in
>> <bd52la$ojril$1@ID-105330.news.dfncis.de>
>> Slumpy scrawled:
>>
>>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
>>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:

>>> I've tried watching a movie and dozing off while sitting on a
>>> keyboard and it doesn't even come close.
>>>
>>> I take back what I said earlier in another thread...you obviously
>>> *are* what the other guy said ;-)

>> "Invalid thought detected. Close all mental processes and restart
>> body."

>Terminal problem encountered - do not push buttons on this
>body - it will not respond.

"Create your own reality, or live in someone else's."

Harvey Van Sickle 06-22-2003 09:05 PM

Re: Best Keyboard

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 19:43:03 GMT, Laffctx wrote

> I am wanting a new keyboard and I am not really sure whether I
> want wireless or not............Actually, I am not really sure
> wireless would be of any benefit to me. Any suggestions on what
> is good keyboard would be greatly appreciated. I play games but I
> am not a gamer so to speak. I surf the web a lot and I am really
> big into music.

All very personal, this, but for music and general surfing I'd
recommend anything with 5 or 6 programmable buttons for launching
stuff, and keyboard-level volume/eject/mute controls.

Anything else - wireless and all that -- would be entirely optional for
me.

(It took me a couple of years to get around to locating the software
for programming my keyboard's access buttons -- I'd never bother buying
another keyboard without them.....)

--
Cheers,
Harvey

For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

koorb 06-22-2003 10:34 PM

Re: Best Keyboard

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:43:03 -0700, "Laffctx" <laffctx@cox.net> wrote:

>I am wanting a new keyboard and I am not really sure whether I want wireless
>or not............Actually, I am not really sure wireless would be of any
>benefit to me. Any suggestions on what is good keyboard would be greatly
>appreciated. I play games but I am not a gamer so to speak. I surf the web
>a lot and I am really big into music.
>
>Thanks in advance for the input,
>
>Laffctx

To be honest I just buy the cheapest one I can cuz I won't be seen
dead with one of throes things with the nice soft extra buttons across
the top. I even seen one with a little gray Help button next to the F1
key. I mean wha!
As far as wireless goes I don't see why anybody would wont one. Iv
used them in the past and the only time I notice the difference is
when the wireless one looses signal.

I am 06-23-2003 01:58 AM

Re: Best Keyboard

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:43:03 -0700, "Laffctx" <laffctx@cox.net> wrote:

>I am wanting a new keyboard and I am not really sure whether I want wireless
>or not............Actually, I am not really sure wireless would be of any
>benefit to me. Any suggestions on what is good keyboard would be greatly
>appreciated. I play games but I am not a gamer so to speak. I surf the web
>a lot and I am really big into music.
>
>Thanks in advance for the input,
>
>Laffctx

I don't know how long you have been using PCs but if "IBM 101
keyboard" and mechanical spring action has any meaning, use the link
at the end of this post. I've used the original at work since the mid
80s and got one from the company mentioned in the article as soon as i
read it. Wonderful keyboard, sometimes old is best.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/908288.asp?0si=-

Jared 06-23-2003 06:35 AM

Re: Best Keyboard

if money isnt an issue and you want the coolest looking keyboard, go to:
http://www.crazypc.com/products/game....htm#keyboards
the keys glow in the dark! they come in black, silver, and bone (strange).
They are pretty sharp!