Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Newsgroup servers (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t170921-re-newsgroup-servers.html)

why? 06-22-2003 06:50 AM

Re: Newsgroup servers

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:52:34 GMT, Ann wrote:

>Thanks Mike and why?

Your'e Welcome.

>Have been able to get quite a few including secnews.netscape.com.
>
>Have not been able to get one I REALLY want: secnews.netscape.com (secure)

Is that a contradiction above, or a typo?

Works fine from here using,
Tools / Accounts / click News tab / Add / News / fill in Display Name
then email address / and server name secnews.netscape.com / finish the
wizard and Close.

Right away I am asked to d/l the list of groups when this is done,
subscribe to one to try, click okay then click on the group title on the
left hand side pane. The message headers are downloaded.

I have not tried posting on that server, is that the problem you are
having?

>In OE, I can't tell if I successfully munged my address or not.

It depends on what *you* typed in, in the email address field.

If your real address is ann@site.invalid and you typed in
ann[a t]site[d o t]invalid then it's munged to a degree.

Then you have munged the address, it's simply a case then when asked to
enter your email address you don't. You enter something that is close to
your address so people can read it but it is a non functioning address
for spam harvesters.
<snip>

Me

why? 06-22-2003 07:15 AM

Re: Newsgroup servers

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 06:50:18 GMT, why? wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:52:34 GMT, Ann wrote:
>
>>Thanks Mike and why?

>Your'e Welcome.

Argh!! It's "You're"
Time for a new keyboard and the pesky bandage to come off.