Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Parental Control (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t170855-re-parental-control.html)

zarathustra 06-22-2003 12:43 AM

Re: Parental Control

gangle doodled:
> "zarathustra" <zar@zar.zar> wrote in message
> news:db32615beff32b50c0b3617ec640e133@news.bubbane ws.com...
>> Brian H doodled:

>>> Stop assuming, because you are getting it wrong. Violence begets
>>> violence, it is far more likely that you were the one to get
>>> beatings
>>> as a child, that is the only reason you find it ok to do the same to
>>> your children.

>> You 'beat' me to it, Brian. ;o)
>>
>>> I never got beaten as a child, that is why I am not violent towards
>>> my children.

>> That's somewhat of a generalisation. At the age of eight, I was
>> awarded a
>> scholarship to a military boarding school which emphasised the
>> ideals of
>> both academic excellence and corporal punishment. I was summarily
>> beaten on
>> a regular basis - mostly with the 'tawse' (a scottish invention, I
>> believe).
>> Although I was victim to institutionalised violence, I've never laid
>> violent hand on my daughter. The very idea is anathema to me.

> Yes, I agree, an enema is the answer.

That's your answer to everything.

--
'the real TOMMY Tutalidge' wrote in message
news:3EC6C261.7D31BDFA@aei.net: - "The people that post in yenc have a
pickle shoved up their arse."

'-= Hawk =-' replied in message
news:nkhdcv4c8uga0jonl0jpcgr8mt3g6m49na@news-server: - "And the people
(like you) who whine about yEnc eat those pickles."

http://www.viz.co.uk/profanisaurus/profanis.htm

gangle 06-22-2003 11:13 AM

Re: Parental Control

"zarathustra" <zar@zar.zar> wrote in message news:0f7c7272479c84903d7433f4871eccfc@news.bubbane ws.com...
> gangle doodled:
> > "zarathustra" <zar@zar.zar> wrote in message
> > news:db32615beff32b50c0b3617ec640e133@news.bubbane ws.com...
> >> Brian H doodled:

> >> You 'beat' me to it, Brian. ;o)

> >> That's somewhat of a generalisation. At the age of eight, I was
> >> awarded a
> >> scholarship to a military boarding school which emphasised the
> >> ideals of
> >> both academic excellence and corporal punishment. I was summarily
> >> beaten on
> >> a regular basis - mostly with the 'tawse' (a scottish invention, I
> >> believe).
> >> Although I was victim to institutionalised violence, I've never laid
> >> violent hand on my daughter. The very idea is anathema to me.

> > Yes, I agree, an enema is the answer.

> That's your answer to everything.

That's because it IS the answer to everything.