Basic system maintenance:
· Close I.E. and empty your temporary internet files from
Control Panel / Internet Options. Be sure to check the
box to include offline content.
· Clean up unnecessary files from your hard drive. HDValet
performs this well, and is highly configurable.
· Make sure that you do not have too many files and folders in
'My Documents'. Create new folders *outside* of 'My Documents'
and move stuff to the new folders.
· Clean up your registry (you MUST read the FAQs):
Jv16 Power Tools
· Streamline your startups - disable what is not necessary:
· Reboot and immediately empty your Windows\Temp folder.
· Empty your recycle bin.
· Keep your system well maintained.
On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:30:00 -0700, in
>The program iexplore often locks up with my windows 98/ie6. Alt/delete,
>will end task , but this problem repeats, and the only cure is to restart
>my computer. Sometimes my web pages open fine, but after several pages have
>been opened, then once again I lock up. I have deleted and reinstalled ie6
>several times and this is no cure. Ideas?
|All times are GMT. The time now is 01:26 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.