Velocity Reviews

-   -   XML proficiency question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t170328-xml-proficiency-question.html)

spark 12-16-2005 09:30 PM

XML proficiency question

I was asked this question...anyone have any insight? I am not really
sure what it is asking for. I know a little about XML, but i really
dont get this question. Any help would be appreciated.

Question:
Suppose you were working on a system that used a simple XML data
transfer protocol that relied on HTTP as it's transport layer and
provides two types of compression and encoding for that data. These
compression and encoding algorithms will be referred to as "CompA"
and "CompB" for this example. The current system has two objects
that provide these services as described below.

HttpTransportCompA - This object uses the "CompA" compression and
encoding algorithm and provides an HTTP transport layer for the data.
This object has a send(url, xml) method that takes an XML string to
compress via the "CompA" and transmit via http to the URL.

HttpTransportCompB - This object uses the "CompB" compression and
encoding algorithm and provides an HTTP transport layer for the data.
This object has a send(url, xml) method that takes an XML string to
compress via the "CompB" and transmit via http to the URL.

You are now required to add HTTPS in addition to HTTP transport to the
system while supporting both "CompA" and "CompB" for the XML
data.

Describe the resulting objects for the system.

Soren Kuula 12-17-2005 04:14 PM

Re: XML proficiency question

spark wrote:
> I was asked this question...anyone have any insight? I am not really
> sure what it is asking for. I know a little about XML, but i really
> dont get this question. Any help would be appreciated.

I think it is intended to mean: Show me that you have enough grasp of
object-oriented analysis and design, as well as HTTP and HTTPS, to come
up with an object-oriented design, exteding upon the given one, that
supports HTTPS.

Enjoy ;)

Soren