Velocity Reviews

-   -   Validation of XML DTD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t169889-validation-of-xml-dtd.html)

PJ 09-20-2005 09:44 AM

Validation of XML DTD

Hi,

I am new to this group,I want to know that how can we add and use DTD
support in Expat XML Parser.

priyanshu

Martin Honnen 09-20-2005 11:03 AM

Re: Validation of XML DTD

PJ wrote:

> I am new to this group,I want to know that how can we add and use DTD
> support in Expat XML Parser.

As far as I know Expat is not a validating parser, for instance Mozilla
and Opera use Expat as the XML parser and don't do any validation
therefore on XML.
If you want validation you might better look at other parsers, libxml
can do that: <http://www.xmlsoft.org/xmldtd.html>

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

PJ 09-20-2005 11:16 AM

Re: Validation of XML DTD

Hi, Martin

Thanks for the prompt reply,
I know that Expat XML Parser is not a validating Parser. Actually we
want to use Expat XML parser for Namespace and DTD processing support,
there are some APIs given for DTD also, but I couldn't make it out how
to process external DTD in Expat.

How can I add external DTD into the XML parser.

priyanshu