Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problems with in XML file (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t169880-problems-with-o-in-xml-file.html)

TheMax 09-18-2005 10:57 PM

Problems with in XML file

Hi,
first of all, excuse for my not good english.

I try to explain my problem, i generete a xml file from a Access 2k database
with a vba procedure, then I trasform my file with an xsl file.

No problem in testing all, but testing the program on customer's data the
problem occur when i found the symbol "" in object.

Here you are simple data in error
SEMPLICE Z=20 p=121,78 CON FORO

Any suggestion to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance,
best regards,
Massimo

Martin Honnen 09-19-2005 11:35 AM

Re: Problems with =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=F8_in_XML_file?=

TheMax wrote:

> I try to explain my problem, i generete a xml file from a Access 2k database
> with a vba procedure, then I trasform my file with an xsl file.
>
> No problem in testing all, but testing the program on customer's data the
> problem occur when i found the symbol "" in object.

Make sure the XML file is created in a certain encoding and that
decoding is declared in the XML declaration at the beginning of the XML
file e.g.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
Or make sure you create the XML as UTF-8 then you don't need the XML
declaration.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Andreas Prilop 09-19-2005 02:35 PM

Re: Problems with ? in XML file

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, TheMax wrote:

> problem occur when i found the symbol "?" in object.

If you cannot even transmit special, non-ASCII characters correctly
in Usenet postings, don't expect to master them in XML.
In your would-be newsreader, you need to choose

Tools > Options > Send
Mail Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
News Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
Encode text using: None

--
Top-posting.
What's the most irritating thing on Usenet?

TheMax 09-19-2005 05:17 PM

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_Problems_with_=F8_in_XML_file?=

Martin Honnen wrote:

[CUT]
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

Thank you very much
now it's ok

Best regards,
Massimo

TheMax 09-19-2005 05:19 PM

Re: Problems with ? in XML file

Andreas Prilop wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, TheMax wrote:

> If you cannot even transmit special, non-ASCII characters correctly
> in Usenet postings, don't expect to master them in XML.
> In your would-be newsreader, you need to choose
>
> Tools > Options > Send
> Mail Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
> News Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
> Encode text using: None

I have already disabled the html posts, but the second option (Plain Text
Settings) was not ok (was unicode),
now I set my mailreader, excuse me

Best regards,
Massimo