Velocity Reviews

-   -   RSS 2.0 feed namespace problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t169406-rss-2-0-feed-namespace-problem.html)

ajay.sonawane@gmail.com 05-31-2005 09:27 AM

RSS 2.0 feed namespace problem

Hello there
You need to create namespace in order to add your own element, But how
can I create namespace file? Does it need to post that namespace to
some authorized person of RSS?
For Example. I wish to add my own element in RSS feed, so I will go for
namespace, But How to create namespace file? What is the structure of
namespace files that I need to follow?
What is meant by defining those elements in namespace? What I
need to do to define those elements in namespace? Where can I get
detailed information on how to write your own namespace?
When I try to use some exising namespace, I saw a HTML file
where I got useful information of those defined elements, but was
unable to see the actual namespace file.
Does anyone know what to do exactly ?

Regards,
Ajay Sonawane
(Webtech Developers Pvt.Ltd.)

Joe Fawcett 06-04-2005 09:13 AM

Re: RSS 2.0 feed namespace problem

<ajay.sonawane@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1117531631.696815.254920@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> Hello there
> You need to create namespace in order to add your own element, But how
> can I create namespace file? Does it need to post that namespace to
> some authorized person of RSS?
> For Example. I wish to add my own element in RSS feed, so I will go for
> namespace, But How to create namespace file? What is the structure of
> namespace files that I need to follow?
> What is meant by defining those elements in namespace? What I
> need to do to define those elements in namespace? Where can I get
> detailed information on how to write your own namespace?
> When I try to use some exising namespace, I saw a HTML file
> where I got useful information of those defined elements, but was
> unable to see the actual namespace file.
> Does anyone know what to do exactly ?
>

> Regards,
> Ajay Sonawane
> (Webtech Developers Pvt.Ltd.)

There is no such thing as a namespace file. A namespace is a unique identifier,
it may look like a URL but it's really just a string of characters. There is no
need for it to actually point to anything.
Once a namespace is declared,
xmlns:myNs=http://www.rightway.co.uk/namespaces/general/myApp then any elements
with the prefix myNs, eg.g myNs:table will be in that namespace and therefore
NOT equivalent to a table element of one with a prefix representing a different
namespace.

--

Joe (MVP - XML)

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-8741D22D17A5