Velocity Reviews

-   -   XSLT document function (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t169282-xslt-document-function.html)

bubbabudge@hotmail.com 05-06-2005 05:43 PM

XSLT document function

Hi,

I'm new to XSLT, so excuse my ignorance. How do I do something like
this:
<xsl:copy-of select="document('*.xml')"/>

That is, I want to use the document function to merge all xml files in
the current working directory.

Thanks for any hints,
Bubba

Richard Tobin 05-06-2005 05:48 PM

Re: XSLT document function

In article <1115401397.942702.240940@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups .com>,
<bubbabudge@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm new to XSLT, so excuse my ignorance. How do I do something like
>this:
> <xsl:copy-of select="document('*.xml')"/>
>
>That is, I want to use the document function to merge all xml files in
>the current working directory.

XSLT doesn't know anything about directories.

You could use some other program to generate an XML file listing
all the files in the directory, and then use the document function
to read that file.

-- Richard

Martin Honnen 05-06-2005 06:06 PM

Re: XSLT document function

bubbabudge@hotmail.com wrote:

> How do I do something like
> this:
> <xsl:copy-of select="document('*.xml')"/>
>
> That is, I want to use the document function to merge all xml files in
> the current working directory.

XSLT does not support that but you can of course pass a URL to a
server-side processing page like PHP or ASP to it that creates the
directly listing on the fly e.g.
document('createDirectoryListing.asp?dir=path')
That doesn't help of course if all you are interested in are some local
files without having some server and ASP or PHP installed.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/