Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to refer to specific records in XML using a URI? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t169176-how-to-refer-to-specific-records-in-xml-using-a-uri.html)

pHaze 04-19-2005 04:21 AM

How to refer to specific records in XML using a URI?

Lets say I have an XML document that contains 20 <widget>'s. I'd like
to refer to a specific widget in that document from a non-XML document
using fragments. Is the following supported:

http://www.example.com/widgets.xml#widget16

Thanks,

Mark.

commercial 04-19-2005 06:53 AM

Re: How to refer to specific records in XML using a URI?

check availability of your url.

that should explain it.

news:1113884464.937560.205430@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...

Martin Honnen 04-19-2005 11:40 AM

pHaze wrote:

> Lets say I have an XML document that contains 20 <widget>'s. I'd like
> to refer to a specific widget in that document from a non-XML document
> using fragments. Is the following supported:
>
> http://www.example.com/widgets.xml#widget16

XPointer should allow that, see
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/>
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-element/>