Velocity Reviews

-   -   Q: literal comments in style sheet (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t169106-q-literal-comments-in-style-sheet.html)

David Carlisle 04-05-2005 08:33 PM

Re: Q: literal comments in style sheet

yf110@vtn1.victoria.tc.ca (Malcolm Dew-Jones) writes:

> I am examining xslt 1.0 (as documented at http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt).
>
> I have seen notes elsewhere to a 1.1, but I don't see such a beast at the
> above site. Is there an XSLT 1.1, (perhaps it is XPath 1.1 I have seen)
> or am I just confused?

There was a draft (still available from w3c site) but the working group
killed off work on xslt 1.1 to work on 2.0 (before they knew 2.0 was
going to take half a decade to align with xquery:-) A couple of xslt
systems (notably saxon 6.x do implement the 1.1 draft actually) but as
it will never be finalised now it's best to pretend that they don't.

> I am curious about some literal things in the style sheets.
>
> Is there an option that controls the passing of _literal_ comments and
> PI's to the output?

No.

> I know I could use xsl:comment to output a comment, but I am not trying to
> output anything, I am just trying to make sure I understand the specs.
>
> As far as I can see, literal comments and processing instructions in the
> style sheet are never output.

True.

David

Malcolm Dew-Jones 04-05-2005 09:01 PM

[...]